Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to clean Yellow Seat Belts

Yas.SYC4S

Any suggestions and recommended products to clean stains on Yellow seat belts? I have a couple of dirty marks. Is it the case of warm water and rinsing? I don't want to damage the belt or stain them further.

any help will be brill, cheers.

i am going to stay here,,,,i have dirty yellow belts too !!! :lurk2:

Normal household clothes washing liquid, start off with a fairly weak solution and a sponge :?:

I normally use Ambersil Groom aerosol foam spray for car upholstery, it works really well and you can pick it up from Halfrauds for a fiver :thumb:

Thanks kurlykris

I have ordered some Ambersil, its on special at Halfords for £5.50....will report back if its any good ???

Regards FRP (Faried)

Yas.SYC4S said:
Any suggestions and recommended products to clean stains on Yellow seat belts? I have a couple of dirty marks. Is it the case of warm water and rinsing? I don't want to damage the belt or stain them further.

any help will be brill, cheers.

If they're all your bad, extend them fully and take the belt outside the car. Wrap a cloth around the belt and close the door on it. Soak the belt in a mixture of All Purpose cleaner in a bucket and use a nail brush or detailing brush to tackle any stubborn marks. Dry the belt with a towel and hair dryer before allowing the belt to return home.

Thanks

Will give this a go on the weekend. Finally can have super clean yellow belts :) Trip to Halfords for Ambersil, I will take some before and after pictures for future seat belt cleaners :thumbs:

I used some automotive upholstery/carpet cleaner on mine and the edges curled up on the lap part

Hows your cleaning gone?

I managed to flatten mine by using a low temp iron but they still grubby

Kingston,

I haven't had the chance to clean them. Been working on my 924 and cleaning the underside of the 911.
Hopefully will get the chance next weekend. I will report back with before and after pictures.

I think I will just use warm soapy water. Shame you had an issue with the products you used :(

Hello,

I forgot to take some before and after photos but my cleaning pattern was;
Used the interior foam cleaner (from Halfords thats got the hard brush on the head) - caused the lap part of the belt to curl up

Left it like this for quite a while, then recently;
Steamed the belt
Then took the ironing board + iron out to car, bit of cloth over the belt and then iron on low heat - flat belt
More steam cleaning and scrubbing = cleaner but grubby still
Used persil non-bio = bit more cleaner but grubby still
Purchased Ambersil and the belts look like new

Admittedly i did give the area a going over a couple of times and used a 'hard' brush' but its all good

I finally got round to cleaning my yellow belts. Forgot to take before and after pics :sad:

What a difference, all I used was warm water mixed with Ariel powder and a soft nail brush. Lightly scrubbed the surfaces of the belt with the soapy water. Then rinse off with fresh water. Rub dry with a decent interior cloth.

Removed all the grime and dirt, left the belt shinny yellow and removed some tough stains. No damage to the belt so pretty happy with that simple clean.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back