Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another new 993 owner

Stuart7

Another new member here. Joined last year and enjoy reading these forums, so thought it about time I said hello.

Had my 993 C2 since October last year and absolutely loving it!

Previously had a 996 C2 3.4 as a daily driver for 10 years (I tend to keep cars a long time) which was fantastic, with none of the much talked about issues. But I stopped using it after no longer needing a daily driver. It sat in the garage gathering dust, so I sold it for peanuts at the bottom of the un-loved 996 market in 2015 – great timing on my part, as I see they are now becoming more appreciated as great cars.

Caterham R400 was all I needed for fun. Or so I thought. The 911 itch came back so I went looking... 991 left me completely cold, way too big, and just bland in my opinion. 997 very nice but too similar to the 996 I had. So started looking at air-cooled, and wow what a good decision. When I bought my 996 all those years ago I didn't even consider the 993, it just appeared to be the older and slower (and cheaper!) model. How times change, eh?

I'm an enthusiastic driver not bothered about putting lots of miles and dirt on my cars. I get the impression that puts me in good company here.

Best wishes to all,
Stuart

:bandit:

Impressed

Well bought :thumb: - good colour - wish I never sold my caterham super sprint 1984 *****

Welcome Stuart, nice looking C2 and a good long term choice of car. 8) :thumb:

Welcome to the forum Stuart.

Welcome.....nice looking car, is it black or midnight blue?

Hello and welcome Stuart ....... a lovely looking car ........ the 993 forum is the place to be ........ :)

That sir is a fine looking car :thumb:

Welcome Stuart, great looking car, very much liking the ambers :worship: you are certainly in the right place!

Welcome and nice ride. Iris Blue by the looks of it.

Are you leaving it standard or planning any mods?

C.

Welcome and lovely ride. What's the mileage, looks fresh?

MilSub said:
Welcome Stuart, great looking car, very much liking the ambers :worship: you are certainly in the right place!
Nice car...8)...must agree, the ambers are definitely a good look :thumb:.

Lovely and original looking car. Maybe Porsche did it right in the first place :dont know:

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. Car spec is:
  • 1996 C2 Varioram
    Midnight blue
    78k miles
    No mods, should pass an Illuminati inspection
The embarrassing bits (let's get this out of the way):
  • Tiptronic. Can't explain why but in manual mode I really like it. It certainly does not inhibit my ability to drive spiritedly and have lots of fun.
    Full dark blue interior. Not popular from what I hear, but I think it's great.
Other bits:
  • Hardback seats
    Recent suspension rebuild by JZM (who also serviced it for past 5 years)
    No oil leaks
Niggles:
  • It's not loud enough. But that's not really fair, as I'm comparing to my Caterham.
    It was totally rattle-free when I bought it. After 2000+miles hard driving B roads it's developed a few rattles I think from behind the dash and slight creaky windscreen. My wife says just press-on and use more revs.
One very happy boy here,
Stuart

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back