Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to trade my 981 PSE for standard exhaust

matcooper

Hi all,

Looking to trade the factory fitted switchable PSE on my 981 cayman s for the standard exhaust (too noisy for me!). Car has done 20k and exhaust in good nick. Chatted to RPMtechniq and they are happy to change. Located in London.

Cheers,

Matt

Surely you can drive around with the PSE switched off....? You will devalue the residuals of your car if you make this modification.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
Surely you can drive around with the PSE switched off....? You will devalue the residuals of your car if you make this modification.

~ Maxie

Yep, utter madness to take it off!

Just don't switch it on ie when you press the sport button and it turns PSE on you can still turn PSE off and leave sport mode on. Its free and will not affect residuals of your car :dont know:

I follow JonTT's comments. :thumb:

Does the 981 have a separate PSE button for independent control over the Sport button then?!

Surely you're not serious :?: under-grading a factory spec, that's a new one on me.

What about thinking outside the box. For example:

You take the PSE off, but leave the switch and wiring in place. Phone a few breaker yards up. Get a standard exhaust fitted. Then put the PSE in the garage loft (or wherever is dry).

Come the time to trade it in, you put it back to PSE. Then flog the standard donor exhaust on Ebay.

That way you lose zero further more than needlessly necessary, and put a few shillings in the back pocket for the standard exhaust.

Obviously it's your choice ultimately, however back me up if you think this is a far better option :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back