Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

more heating fun

sadman

Monza
Hi fellow 993ers
For some time now my heater hasn't worked well, a pain in the winter months,
Now its got warmer the ***** has started working. Well its giving heat to the cabin,
Doesn't matter if its turned up or down!!
In winter it would only give heat if I opened the widow a bit.
now summers here I want to get it sorted.
An odd problem I know, any ideas/help is welcomed.

Your footwell servos (one or both) could well be toast, and stuck in the open position. Hence sending hot air from the exchangers into the cabin permanently, regardless of whether you've turned the fan up or down.

Tore has some really helpful pages on identifying whether this is the case (and if not, what else could be wrong) here:

https://www.bergvillfx.com/porschehvac1

(scroll down to the 'ELECTRIC FLAP SERVOS' section)
https://www.bergvillfx.com/porschehvac2

Thanks ch3tman,
I have read through tores various fault finding pages many times,i have his plug in and software for fault finding but it does not read ccu code errors.
993 heating is very complex and tbh I struggle to understand how it works,
Normally I'm pretty good at working thing out but this has me stumped.
I'll send the ccu off for repair when I can find someone to do it,
Thanks for the help

Don't waste money on CCU repair before you know this is the real problem.
One of the most common faults is defective HVAC servo motors. Your mixer servos are most probably the culprit here.

It is easy to test these servos. Open the carpet walls on the outer kick walls in the foot wells. Turn temperature knob to maximum and minimum, and the servos should move from fully open to closed. I most often just listen for the servo motors through the carpet when I do this.

The same should also happen with the fresh air servo. Turn temperature knob to maximum and minimum, and the servo should close and open fully.

Pictures of these servos on the page ch3tman linked to.

What kind of diagnostic solution are you using?

I can help with any CCU repairs if needed.
Cheers,
Tore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back