Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991R being used on road!

jonno_

Spotted on Dartmoor at the weekend. Good to see one actually being used.

Numberplate looks like a Porsche factory one to me.

MC

Took a wrong turn somewhere in Germany?

Factory press cars (as well as final production-ready development cars, which the press fleet for limited cars often are) from Germany usually have S GO XXXX format number plates.

I think that you will have to try much harder to see an actual UK car ever being used outside of a charity event or something like Goodwood (in the expensive parking bit of course). :?:

Disco said:
Factory press cars (as well as final production-ready development cars, which the press fleet for limited cars often are) from Germany usually have S GO XXXX format number plates.

I think that you will have to try much harder to see an actual UK car ever being used outside of a charity event or something like Goodwood (in the expensive parking bit of course). :?:
Figured it was probably a factory / press car with the Stuttgart plates. I'll keep trying :D

Aye factory car, if I had the lure to buy one I am sure it would not just be parked up.
Fair enough fair weather only but it would get used......what's the point shelling out a load of dough for something you won't experience.

" used to own one of those"
"what was like"
"no idea as I never really drove it ".............wtf :nooo:

Are there any 911R owners on the forum :?:

I know 2 R owners. Both get used neither of them are on the forum though.

If you ever get the chance for a drive or ride in one do it. Such a complete Road car.

Chris Harris was posted a pic of that car last week on Twitter...he lives somewhere in the Western part of the Uk so chances are it was him that was using it on Dartmoor.

Could be the monkey. Seat was quite 'forward' :D

My friend has a R and use it when ever the weather is good, he has the lava orange with white stripes. I have also seen 2 others who have attended our car meets. Check out car crazy fool! Love his R

Cheib said:
Chris Harris was posted a pic of that car last week on Twitter...he lives somewhere in the Western part of the Uk so chances are it was him that was using it on Dartmoor.

It was Chris Harris, he tweeted a pic of that car with numberplate. Wonder if it was for a TG episode?

Fulla said:
Cheib said:

It was Chris Harris, he tweeted a pic of that car with numberplate. Wonder if it was for a TG episode?

The journo's are due to drive the 991.2 GT3 this month (according to Mr Catchpole) so I am guessing Porsche GB have that R so they can do comparison tests ? Or that they have the R fresh in their mind when they drive the GT3.

I really miss Mr Harris's old video's...I know he still does them to an extent but not in the same volume. Still the boy's done good and it's great to see someone who is a proper, proper car nut and a great journalist get to where he has.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back