Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alcantara advice - supplier and colour

rob_p

Suzuka
Hi all,
BH coming up and I am thinking of having a go at a lower dash alcantara project.
Could anyone recommend a good supplier for genuine alcantara (ebay is fine).
Plus - anyone got any advice on colour. I don't want black but something that is grey or dark grey (to try and match the heater unit etc).
Looking on eBay lots are black, I found one in anthracite but not sure what that will really look like. What colour does Porsche use in the GT3 - that always looks pretty good!!
Any good how to guides also appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Rob

Try this company.
http://www.ukhide.co.uk/

They will supply samples & can even supply the genuine perforated leather for the seats if needed.

Colour code 9002 is pretty much as close to OEM as you'll be able to find.
This is the dark grey colour you see in GT3 / GTS

rob_p said:
Bank holiday.....

fool.gif

suicide.gif

Can anyone recommend a suitable adhesive to use with this please?

There are lots of carpet type spray adhesives on eBay - will any work for this application?

Thanks
Rob

I've been using a product called "Trim-Fix Adhesive" which comes in 500ml spray cans for alcantara and carpet.

Here is the headlining of my van covered in red alcantara

That's great thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back