Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

how does one decode the 981 parts catalogue?

tim993

Using this link:

https://www.porsche911.lt/files/981/E_981_KATALOG.pdf

...however the 'model' column on the right does not refer to the different models in any way that I recognise.

Still, even not knowing this, its interesting to see how many parts have a 991 reference number. Including the whole of the front tub section (which I think I already knew).

I expect the reference they use must encode the factory option identifiers as well as the model. Possibly also the market too?

Lastly, its a 2014 catalogue - is there an updated one that also covers the GTS and Spyder?

I posed a similar question on Renlist, but no joy there...

Someone on 911uk must know :worship:

The "Model" column is in context of the particular parts section you are viewing.

So for the engine section, for example, the model number is the engine model code (not a vehicle model code)

Ah, that makes sense.

Any thoughts on the suspension section?

There are four types of shock absorber listed:
I029
I475
I477
IX73

I suppose these are simply option codes then and not specific to non-S / S / etc.

Then the centre radiator has 'model' I153 - again i'm guessing this was an option code.

I029 - Standard Chassis

I475 - PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management (electronic damper control)

I477 - PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management (without suspenion lowering)

X73 - Sports suspension (Lowered) includes different rear engine mounts.

Hi Chris - I'm now feeling a bit thick for even having asked this question :oops: :oops: :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back