Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Smile Vent - Which Shop

A11ykf

Can anyone conform if the GT3 smile vent that Porscheshop sell is the exact same dimensions as the Rennline one from Design911?

I was going to buy a vent from Porscheshop then the template from Design911 but I wanted to clairfy that the template would be the perfect fit before chopping away the bumper.

Both vents say OE or OEM in the description so I assume that they are the same.

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/porsc...-grill-fits-carrera-boxster-987-cayman-s.html

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod129879/Front-Bumper-GT3-Smile-Air-Vent-Kit-Porsche-997-GT3_2/

As far as I am aware there is only one size , the porscheshop one may not come with any fixing and be just the grille , the D911 one seems to come with the fixing brackets but £45 v £85 for the brackets seems very steep. :?:

I'd be surprised if they were not the same part, D911's pricing takes the P! They say that the template is stainless, which is a an odd material to make a template from, but if it is then that may explain the price. I think I would be tempted to make my own from cardboard and go easy with a dremmel :?:

For the vent itself just go to your nearest OPC, you'll most likely find its cheaper!
I bought mine not long ago and seem to remember it being about £35 + VAT

The rennline template is good but if you're happy to take your time a cardboard template works just as well, alternatively there are a few guys on here who'll loan you a template.

The rennline clips are good but a thin bead of PU adhesive is better. Once you've cut a hole in your bumper it's quite flimsy. Glueing the vent in place helps maintain a little more rigidity.

My vent came from Opc, I bought a template of e bay, bought the mesh that sits behind the grill (nicer job)and fixing kit from Porkchop who will flog you the Rennline stuff anyway.
Clean the alloy on your bumper when the front pu is off as you see it through the grill, friends bodyshop used some fancy Dan 2 pack stuff 2 glue it in, once fitted it will never come out.
Chuffed to bits with mine it looks great :thumbs:

I installed the rennline vent and used the rennline template last week. I'm selling my template so pm me if interested mate. Cheers

Quick one; can these be fiited with the bumper in situ or does it have to come off like?

Ta'

LR75 said:
Quick one; can these be fiited with the bumper in situ or does it have to come off like?

Ta'

Ideally bumper off mate especially if you want to fit the mesh with the grille.
from what I understand the saw will hit the car frame when cutting if you leave it in situ. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back