Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Checklist before Illuminati inspection

tim993

Zandvoort
Not long to go now, so can anyone help me to avoid a ticking off:

1. perspex number plates - should they have the name of the supplying garage or not? Is Halfords / Skoda acceptable or must it be a Porsche dealer?

2. wiper widget - what's the part number and will it fit PIAA blades?

3. number plate plinth hanging on by one screw. I've no idea what to do about this. any ideas?

4. possibly a broken tab on one of the amber side indicators (nooooo)

5. hair-line cracks in wheel centre turbo badges. anyone know of any at a sensible price?

6. washed (garage-queen-style) vs grubby (it gets used...) ?

tim

thanks jonttt :thumbs:

tim993 said:
1. perspex number plates - should they have the name of the supplying garage or not? Is Halfords / Skoda acceptable or must it be a Porsche dealer??

Get a Porsche dealer to do it. If near Reading then HQ. I have a an ex-Porsche Cars GB car and I got them to do one with that on it rather than 'Porsche Reading' or whatever.

tim993 said:
Not long to go now, so can anyone help me to avoid a ticking off:

1. perspex number plates - should they have the name of the supplying garage or not? Is Halfords / Skoda acceptable or must it be a Porsche dealer?

Supplying OPC. Extra points for matching dealer script tax disc holder and main dealer sticker in rear screen.

2. wiper widget - what's the part number and will it fit PIAA blades?

No one cares.

3. number plate plinth hanging on by one screw. I've no idea what to do about this. any ideas?

You'll be rejected from the group like mutant newborn fox cub rejected from the pack if anything is 'hanging off'. You've had months to prepare, there is no excuse.

4. possibly a broken tab on one of the amber side indicators (nooooo)

As above. Get this fixed. Unacceptable.

5. hair-line cracks in wheel centre turbo badges. anyone know of any at a sensible price?

You own a 993 Turbo. The word 'sensible' does not preface the word 'price' in this context. Get new centre caps, preferably with Turbo script from OPC. Your car demands OEM.

6. washed (garage-queen-style) vs grubby (it gets used...)
Upon arrival your car is expected to look crisper than Walkers finest with a hoovered and cleaned off interior. I hope you have addressed the spacecraft in the rear footwell. Only on departure can your car look dirtier than Zingaris browser history.

Hope this helps. Look forward to seeing you.
tim

"Only on departure can your car look dirtier than zingaris browser history"

:floor: now that made me chuckle :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back