Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommend me a good low profile trolley jack

searider

Afternoon All,

I need to get one of the front wheels off my car and find that my Halfords 2T trolley jack won't fit under the jacking point.

What can anyone recommend?

Cheers

Duncan

You could always try the trick of driving onto a piece of board to gain you the extra ground height.

I have a Halfords low profile jack that just about goes under my 997 C4S.
Andrew

Cheers, I'm M030 too!

andrews7889 said:
You could always try the trick of driving onto a piece of board to gain you the extra ground height.

I have a Halfords low profile jack that just about goes under my 997 C4S.
Andrew

I did think about driving onto a piece of board. You'd think with the amount of c**p in my garage there would be some handy - but no luck!

I've also just purchased an SGS one. I think it was around 39 pounds. Very pleased with it so far.

pwilson said:
I've also just purchased an SGS one. I think it was around 39 pounds. Very pleased with it so far.

Just don't do what I did and get the one with castors instead of the roller (roller is lower).

I have been using the aluminium low entry jack from machine mart for the last two years for work and its been fantastic..

Bit of scaffolding board is ideal

Use it when I swap the summer/winter wheels on my wife's BMW 1 series

I have an Arcan low profile. Very robust.
Can you get the jack under the rear jacking position? If so just jack the car up from there instead. Both wheels will lift off the floor.

DaveH911 said:
I have an Arcan low profile. Very robust.
Can you get the jack under the rear jacking position? If so just jack the car up from there instead. Both wheels will lift off the floor.

Mine doesn't although I guess it depends on how high you Jack it.

+1 for the SGS jack ...I have a 2.5 ton version and it copes with my Cayenne and my Turbo so plenty lift height but also good clearance to place the jack in under the car to the jacking points .......
Good manoeuvrability with roller at front and castor wheels at the rear ......good control on the hydraulic release too......

Terry

I have a Clarke jack, the best buy from Auto Express Clarke Strong Arm 2.25 Tonne Low Profile Trolley Jack CTJ2250LP, it's fine for my M30 suspension 996.2 and good value. You get them from Machine Mart.

Looking at some turbos on Saturday, they can be seriously low!

Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back