Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with ABS \ ABD fault code (and codes in general)...

Lig

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

My ABS and ABD lights keep coming on solid.

I have just bought the T-OBD and when I run the scantool ABS diagnostics it shows the following:

'28 – Unknown trouble code'

When looking at the repair manual it states for fault code 28 that this is the rear left speed sensor..... I was hoping that someone may have also seen this code and can confirm that the fault code for T-OBD scantool does in fact match the codes in the repair guide so in fact it is a good place to start i.e check the rear left speed sensor....

My car also comes up with the code '32 – Knock sensor 2'

And when looking in the repair manual this does seem to match to fault 32 in the DME section, so I am hoping that error 28 in the ABS/ABD section is correct??

Any help appreciated...

Cheers,
Lig.

If I'm not mistaken, the controller is under the passenger seat - you haven't knocked it recently have you?

Hi JF, I take it you mean the ABS/ABD controller and not the brain of the ECU?? I haven't knocked it knowingly, but if this is something that has a connector that could come loose then I will take a look....

Thanks,
Lig.

Hi Lig

I've had this a couple of times in my ownership - consensus seemed to be that with irregular use it's sticking relays causing the problem. Not sure whether you use your car more regularly, but this could be the cause? With more regular use, the problem seems to go away.

Hi Mohitos,

Yeah I had read that this could be the case. Are these the two grey relays under the black cover in the frunk? I am tempted to just buy new ones of these to start with... It is just interesting/annoying how the error code 28 shows up? Its a real shame it says 'Unknown code' as opposed to stating that its the rear left sensor... hmmmmmm

Cheers Lig.

I think for the ABD there's a separate box lower down inside the Frunk. I could be wrong on this.... Definitely worth a try just replacing them.

I had a problem with the ABD light coming on, turned out the previous owner had fitted non-comparable LED bulbs to the brake lights.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back