Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine warning light then loss of coolant

mun802

Silverstone
Hi guys,
As per the title, on the motorway cruising at steady 85 and Amber warning light appears, steady not flashing.
Took it easy into I pulled onto drive and noticed back end of car covered in coolant and tank emptying remaining contents.
Unable to see exactly where the leak-if that's what it is- is coming from.
Car felt a little sluggish and slightly rough idle albeit not misfiring on way home. Any ideas as to what it could be and could the amber warning be linked to the lodd of coolant? Water temp was constant 90 even when home.

Oil filler cap very mayo, I'm thinking head gasket maybe :-(

Thanks in advance for any help.

Clean it all up and see if you can find the leak. If not obvious then refill and start the engine to find it, or use something to pressurise the system to find the leak. Don't let it run with the coolant low.

MC

Beat of luck, keep us updated :thumb:

I'll give you a fiver if it is, but hope you're right! I was thinking possibly head gasket :-(

Update

Well mac996t think i owe you £2.50 for having the word water in the diagnosis :D Turns out it wasnt catastrophic as I feared but a new coolant tank and bottom hose required.

Team at HARTECH been fantastic ....as always. :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back