Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My first Porsche. 997.2 GT3

911 Bob

Finally took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and traded my 2.5yr old BMW M4.
What an awesome machine, I love this car!

Bob

Looks incredible Bob, good job!

Oooh, very nice! One day....

Enjoy!

I recognise that car 'Bob'. :worship:

The handprints impressed in the passenger arm-rest are mine from Goodwood in 2014.

:congrats: it's a goodun

Congrats Bob, good to see you finally in it. :thumbs:

Very nice 😎

Awesome car and congrats

How does it compare to the m4 if u can?

M4 does have good grunt albeit turbo charged. Heavy car tho compared to gt3

a stunner

Nice car OP :thumb:

NLW73 said:
Awesome car and congrats

How does it compare to the m4 if u can?

M4 does have good grunt albeit turbo charged. Heavy car tho compared to gt3

Thanks for all the nice comments.

M4 is a lot softer and was never a car I wanted to get into and go for a drive for the sake of it. Power delivery was also very spikey and difficult to manage, particularly in cold wet conditions. Interior finish was lovely though.

GT3s epicentre for me is the engine, the noises it makes and the fantasic power delivery. The handling is also very sharp. It is surprising how small it looks next to my wife's Pug 208 so clearly every car since 2010 has grown a lot in size.
It takes a lot less space in my garage than my M4 did.

One thing I just did not like about the M4 was the noise. I thought it would grow on me but it didn't. I did test a competition pack version as BMW offered me a great deal, and although it was a bit sharper with better suspension it just made the same noise, albeit like it had a sore throat.

The modern turbo'd (to feel like n/a) engines have a bit more work required to make them as adjustable as the old n/a in my opinion.

I did miss my E92 M3 comp pack for the engine for a while but not any more.

Bob

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back