Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Considering gt3 991.2

Hmetwally

Hello
I am considering switching my 991.1 4s with the new gt3 (build slot seems possible here). What shall I expect in terms of differences with my current ride? I am minded about the ride quality and if it might be too hard. Any insights and or opinions are welcome.

Strongly suggest you test drive a 991.1 GT3 if you ask someone nicely. From what I read, they are substantially firmer than a 4S.

~ Maxie

Agree with Maxie

Try one first, if you don't like it....call me to discuss your slot!

Its hard, nay impossible to find a gt3 here where i live (egypt). the market has few 911 s and no gt3 s. Hence me trying to find out this way. Trying to gauge if the firmness would be a show stopper. It will be a weekend car and not an everyday one in all cases.

Agree with Maxie

Try one first, if you don't like it....call me to discuss your slot!

Hmetwally said:
Hello
I am considering switching my 991.1 4s with the new gt3 (build slot seems possible here). What shall I expect in terms of differences with my current ride? I am minded about the ride quality and if it might be too hard. Any insights and or opinions are welcome.

If you're only still thinking about it, then I suspect you're too late to get one

A simple way to look at it, Sport mode on a Carrera is the Normal setting on a GT3

OP. Not sure road testing the 991.1 GT3 will help you much because I've read in a few of the reviews that the 991.2 GT3 has more road biased i.e. softer suspension than the older car. Apparently they've learnt from the R and know that a lot of people use them as road cars. Press are supposed to be doing road tests end of next month so I would suggest waiting for that and obviously if you do get a car unless you get a very early allocation you'll get the invitation to PEC.

OP is in Egypt, who knows what the allocation system is like there..

If Porche have got anywhere near the PASM definition into the new 991.2 that the aftermarket DSC module does then if its softer on road settings than previous generations then thats a good thing. Todays technologies do mean you can have your cake and eat it here. Certainly in the context of a "road" car.

Senoj said:

Some kind of pyramid scheme? :dont know:

Sorry... had a few Stella's... couldn't resist :grin:

askgeez said:
Senoj said:

Some kind of pyramid scheme? :dont know:

Sorry... had a few Stella's... couldn't resist :grin:

:D

Senoj said:
Excellent point. In the Arab states, it would appear obtaining a GT car there is easier than obtaining one in the Europe. At least this was my experience living in Arabia; I went to my local OPC in Riyadh to look at a 991.1 GT3 and was invited to put my name down for an RS instead. (Costs wouldn't allow me at the time; furthermore, I'm not really an RS/ track-god guy though such a car is an amazing machine nevertheless).

~ Maxie

I think it's much easier in the US too although some of the dealers seem to want a "premium to MSRP" if you read threads on Rennlist. Imagine if OPC's were allowed to do that here!

Cheib said:
OP. Not sure road testing the 991.1 GT3 will help you much because I've read in a few of the reviews that the 991.2 GT3 has more road biased i.e. softer suspension than the older car. Apparently they've learnt from the R and know that a lot of people use them as road cars.

The suspension is indeed softer on the .2 GT3

Maxie said:
Senoj said:
Excellent point. In the Arab states, it would appear obtaining a GT car there is easier than obtaining one in the Europe. At least this was my experience living in Arabia; I went to my local OPC in Riyadh to look at a 991.1 GT3 and was invited to put my name down for an RS instead. (Costs wouldn't allow me at the time; furthermore, I'm not really an RS/ track-god guy though such a car is an amazing machine nevertheless).

~ Maxie

Very true. I've just ordered a 991.2 GT3 in Jeddah will relatively no faff.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back