Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black exhaust trims / paint blemish

tim993

I'd noticed that the blackened finish on the GTS exhaust trim is not blessed by ultimate longevity - in fact just washing with a sponge can remove it - particularly on the lip. Anyhow OPC Reading agreed it shouldn't be like that and replaced it under warranty.

I'd also noticed a tiny blister in the paint on the drivers door. After initially dismissing it as a stone chip (sorry sir, not covered) we had some very cordial discussions and exchanges of emails with the result that too was fixed under warranty. I like to think that my pointing out the complete absence of blistering around actual stone chips on the front of my 911 may have helped persuade them.

Anyhow, whilst Porsche may not start with the presumption that the problem is theirs (BMW still best for warranty claims, i think) ultimately they have been very pleasant to deal with.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back