Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch & oil change

Ursa911

Imola
My C4S is booked in for a new clutch and oil/filter change. Indy has quoted approx £1300 inc vat all in which didn't seem bad until I see Elite do a clutch change for approx £900 inc vat.

Does £1300 sound right or intergalactic?

My Indy charges £250 + vat to drop the box, strip clutch and flywheel, inspect or change IMSB and RMS, then build back up. Parts on top of that of course.

I just bought my clutch for £150, then I'll be adding a new IMSB cover, RMS, flywheel bolts etc. So I'd hope to be all done for £600.

I'm up north though. :thumb:

£500 for a clutch change and £120 for an oil& filter job. Any more and you're getting spanked.

Add a bit more if there's a problem.

Ursa911 said:
My C4S is booked in for a new clutch and oil/filter change. Indy has quoted approx £1300 inc vat all in which didn't seem bad until I see Elite do a clutch change for approx £900 inc vat.

£695+vat for clutch
£895+vat if RMS/IMS needs doing
£180+vat minor service

So seems about right. Would imagine Elite are not looking at RMS/IMS at that price :dont know:

Ken

My 4s goes in tomorrow to the local Indy.
Various bits being sorted...including Oil and Filter. Quoted just £116, which is £71 materials , £45 labour

I have always had a heavy clutch , asked for a quote ....

£727 supply and fit clutch , but if I need flywheel as well, comes to £1459 :eek:

He is going to check the "assist spring on pedal" only £101 supply and fit. Be nice if that sorted it !!

I priced up clutch and flywheel on ECP, and come to just over £1k.
They have a discount code. "Clutch25"

Edited to say, based on Kens prices, vs my cheap looking quote... I wonder if they are going to add VAT :frustrated:

996ttalot said:
Ursa911 said:

£695+vat for clutch
£895+vat if RMS/IMS needs doing
£180+vat minor service

So seems about right. Would imagine Elite are not looking at RMS/IMS at that price :dont know:

Ken

Assuming we're talking Sachs clutches here. 9e price £700 + vat for clutch, Elite website says £900 inc vat which is on par meaning my Indy is charging £400 inc vat for oil and filter, now that strikes me as steep

Standard Sachs turbo clutch £400 delivered.

My splendid Indy charged £450-500 labour.

Benefits of living 'beyond the wall'.

I would ask for a break down of the costs involved in doing the job.

Are they quoting for a new flywheel in the price?

Should give you a better comparison of costs.

Sounds like its worth a long weekend up North!

Are you tempted to consider lightweight flywheel, IMS bearing mods while you are at it?

Hi Ursa

Broadspeed in Eastleigh in Hants (Southampton Way) charge £590 for a replacement clutch. You could book in there for a clutch and service (minor £280) and have a day out at the seaside while they work on your car.

If you can supply the parts then you'll get a Sachs kit much cheaper, think my unit the other year was had for £185

An Indy might allow you to supply parts.

I can point you in the direction of a lightweight flywheel provider and firm that keeps the clutch sprung centred friction disc that you will need circa £450 all in for both delivered.

Some of you are getting ripped off.

SACHS LUK Clutch AND dual mass flywheel £532 delivered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221966007854

Labour will depend on location. I would do it myself.

I'd hesitate to fit a single mass or lightweight flywheel, don't they risk snapping the crank on the M96?

You do also need a few other parts some are Porsche only:

Clutch Disc
Pressure Plate
Pressure Plate Bolts
Throw-Out Bearing
Throw-Out Bearing Guide Tube
Flywheel
Flywheel Seal
Flywheel Bolts
Clutch Release Lever and Associated Parts - worth replacing to avoid creaks
Main Shaft (RMS) Seal
Clutch Alignment Tool

And probably a new IMSB cover and bolts whilst you are in there if theres weeping.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back