Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

G Techniq at reepmidlands.com - any feedback?

RedJedi

Thinking of treating my car to gtechniq.com

and getting it done by reepmidlands.com

Coming in at around £600...

Is it worth it? Anyone had it done?

A few years ago i had Elite Car Care in Maidenhead do a full paint correction and Gtech application for a similar amount.

The car was there for a week and i was more than happy with the results. Washing the car took little effort and the hydrophobic results were excellent.

You can always buy the products and do it yourself at a fraction of the cost...

:?:

From my experience, GTechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer (any detailer) or Crystal Serum (authorised dealers only), followed by a EXOv3 top coat provides an excellent, long-lasting finish.

But as with all these things, the key to a perfect finish is in the preparation of the surfaces. A good detailer will be able to provide that perfect surface through meticulous machine polishing prior to applying the Gtechniq (or any other sealant/wax).

In the past, I had one detailer who failed to take out the paint defects properly, resulting in a big disappointment in the final finish regardless of using tradition waxes or the advanced nano-coatings.

£600 is an OK price, depending on many hours of surface preparation is required and the combination of products applied.

And if you do go for Gtechniq, would particularly recommend C5 for the wheels.

Good luck. :lol:

I'd tread carefully giving the pro-level Crystal Serum a go yourself, assuming you can get hold of it. There is a video on youtube of some bloke doing a test of it and trying to remove it, it takes wet sanding in the end. Seriously tough coating...

Given proper preparation and detailing is 10 hrs work plus materials in my experience, £600 seems fair.

Reep / Gtechniq are same firm aren't they ?

wildej said:
Reep / Gtechniq are same firm aren't they ?

Reep use other brands as well as gtechniq - but could be same company - but there are other detailers in the country that have rights to gtechniq too... so not sure.

When I went to get my car assessed - the guy offered the cheaper Swissvax too - but I felt that gtechniq was better - so am probably going with that.

Looking to book in over easter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back