Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 13
997 : 2004- 87
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 25
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
sideways
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Child car seat for 1 year old+ Reply with quote

In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").
If anyone wants an image of it installed let me know.
_________________
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Six speed
Trainee


Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Posts: 73
Location: Essex/Hertfordshire border


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant and yes very useful information, Thanks.

This was a question I was looking at asking, any chance you could post a pic with it fitted at some point?
_________________
991 Turbo S
997 Gen2 Turbo PDK - Sold
997 Gen2 C4s Manual - Sold
996 C4 Manual - Sold
Tesla P90D - Daily
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kryton
Monza


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 172
Location: Coniston, Lake District


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Child car seat for 1 year old+ Reply with quote

sideways wrote:
In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").
If anyone wants an image of it installed let me know.




I bought the Porsche seat and there is only the bottom runners on the seat and no top strap.

I tried the Roma Duo plus in my car (along with every car seat made) and it didn't fit correctly.
_________________
991.2 Targa 4S
Macan S runabout
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six speed wrote:
Brilliant and yes very useful information, Thanks.

This was a question I was looking at asking, any chance you could post a pic with it fitted at some point?

No problem, will post one tomorrow.
_________________
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Child car seat for 1 year old+ Reply with quote

Kryton wrote:
sideways wrote:
In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").
If anyone wants an image of it installed let me know.




I bought the Porsche seat and there is only the bottom runners on the seat and no top strap.

I tried the Roma Duo plus in my car (along with every car seat made) and it didn't fit correctly.

I assume the Targa has a different fitting. If i remember correctly you dont get the stay on the shelf?
Did you try the Duo plus? i went to Mothercare and made a nice lady climb in the back with loads of seats Laughing
The Duo plus , slide straight in, sat flat on the base, the only pig is trying to release the isofix on the wheelarch side, as it requires you to have about 4 joints in each finger...
I'm pretty sure i am now a member of an East LA gang with those finger positions!!
_________________
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kryton
Monza


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 172
Location: Coniston, Lake District


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Child car seat for 1 year old+ Reply with quote

sideways wrote:
Kryton wrote:
sideways wrote:
In case anyone finds it useful I just fitted a Britax Romer Duo Plus ISOFIX Car Seat in the back of my 991.2.
Fits perfectly on the seat base and is very secure with the isofix and strap. I tried half a dozen and it was easliy the best due to it's small footprint.

The little one can even sit behind me for short journeys with my seat pulled forward a little (I'm 6'3").
If anyone wants an image of it installed let me know.




I bought the Porsche seat and there is only the bottom runners on the seat and no top strap.

I tried the Roma Duo plus in my car (along with every car seat made) and it didn't fit correctly.

I assume the Targa has a different fitting. If i remember correctly you dont get the stay on the shelf?
Did you try the Duo plus? i went to Mothercare and made a nice lady climb in the back with loads of seats Laughing
The Duo plus , slide straight in, sat flat on the base, the only pig is trying to release the isofix on the wheelarch side, as it requires you to have about 4 joints in each finger...
I'm pretty sure i am now a member of an East LA gang with those finger positions!!


You are correct no stay on back shelf

I tried the Duo Plus at Halfords and after the chap connected it in it took them 20 minutes to get it out with 4 staff trying one after another, it had to be removed because it didn't fit properly

Yes the Isofix wheel arch side was the problem also!!

The Porsche seat has buttons on the front of it to open the rear connections and it's a 10 second job to remove it/put it back, it was £300 though and well worth it.
_________________
991.2 Targa 4S
Macan S runabout
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to get the Porsche seat but guildford didn't seem that bothered to test fit one which is why I went elsewhere. Money becomes no object when it's little sideways in there!

Weird that the duo sits flat and flush in a Carrera but not a Targa.
_________________
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 37
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six speed wrote:
Brilliant and yes very useful information, Thanks.

This was a question I was looking at asking, any chance you could post a pic with it fitted at some point?

Some images of the seat fitted.

[Edit]
For some fun reason the images have rotated on upload Confused
_________________
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 



IMG_5260-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  791.01 KB
 Viewed:  70 Time(s)

IMG_5260-1.jpg



IMG_5078-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  751.66 KB
 Viewed:  70 Time(s)

IMG_5078-1.jpg



IMG_2124-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  729.16 KB
 Viewed:  70 Time(s)

IMG_2124-1.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum