Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it always so difficult to buy a damn car?

RankBajin

Really annoyed this morning.

I ordered a 718 last year but on consideration decided that I would rather have a 911. Spoke to the dealer and explained I'd like to change my order to a 991 GTS, no problem, just top up the deposit. Excellent says I, I'll pop along on Sunday morning and pay the extra, an oh by the way would I be able to have a 991.2 for a test drive (to help convince Mrs RB that the extra is money well spent). No 991.2 GTS demo available but there is a 991.2 C2S which is reserved for my use.

Anyway, we turn up at 10.30 this morning only to find the dealership closed. Apparently it doesn't open until midday.. that's our plans for the day scuppered and Mrs RB isn't for waiting for an hour and a half to pay the deposit!

I appreciate mistakes and oversights happen (although I specifically stated this was my plan and asked if it was OK) but this is just the latest in a long list of poor communication and general apathy. I've never bought a new Porsche before but when I've dealt with BMW and Merc dealers they have been almost too eager to please, is this normal for Porsche? I'm not wanting someone to kiss my bum just reply to emails and calls in a timely fashion!

Sorry for ranting.

RB

Very few dealerships open at 10.30 am on a Sunday regardless of the franchise. It's usually 11am as I'm pretty sure, Sunday trading laws don't allow money to be taken until 11am. Sounds like you and the dealer have got some wires crossed ,that's all.

I feel your frustration but somewhere along the line it seems as if there has been a misunderstanding. I don't think Porsche sale execs are that arrogant although I do appreciate your sense of them not falling over themselves to make a sale unlike the other brands you mentioned.

On the plus side you going to be ordering one of the best cars on the planet (IMHO) and one that can't be bettered by either BMW or Merc ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back