Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

your lifetime mileage

Palladium

I reckon mine must be between 400k and 500k, since 1986, taking things as an average, it doesn't sound that much really,

Anyone on here done a million- 'the million mile club', its something in the U.S.A that truckers can join if they have done a million or more without an at fault accident.

I reckon mr madaala has done a few.

regards. palladium.

Mile high club?......oooops, sorry. I reckon I'm around 360kish. When I was 20 I was rattling 20k per year off and that was all done within a 10 mile radius of home. The joys of living with your folks meant going out every night.

I`ve averaged around 50K per year with work, so after 30 years so far is around 1.5Million give or take 100k :eek:

that's a big number kurlykris, how many at fault wallops have you dished out?

kurlykris said:
I`ve averaged around 50K per year with work, so after 30 years so far is around 1.5Million give or take 100k :eek:

Light weight! :lol:

Palladium said:
that's a big number kurlykris, how many at fault wallops have you dished out?

None :thumb:

But 1x Sierra Saphire company car written off about 25 years ago, T boned by a young speeding driver, 1x slight coming together with a female driver who decided to take a motorway exit, ignoring the fact that I was on her Left hand side at the time :nooo:

that's good driving....very good. :thumb:

my stepdad is 73, he has been driving 55 years, he has never had an at fault bang, apart from scraping the bumper on a low post once.

I reckon I have clocked up over 4 million miles!!

Ok, ok, most of those were flying so I guess that doesn't count.

I haven`t been in many accidents, but I`ve seen a lot in my rear view mirror :grin:

I do some big miles and have done for my whole driving life, last year I did around 65k and its similar but usually slightly less most years, so I've done more than a million and had no accidents and only 21 points (12 on a provisional) (just got 3) in this time, considering most of my miles are at full tilt boogie that not many points.

I worked it out a few years ago to emphasise to someone that me driving an automatic car was a considered choice.

530k miles before I ever drove an auto' + 220k miles since.

I still drive manuals occasionally but I'd never buy one again.

I've only ever had 3 points but have also done an SAC. The only accident claim made against me was 6 months after I passed my test. Slow speed slide into the rear of a two week old Renault.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back