Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodwood FOS - worth it?

k3bab

Hi all,

The cost of attending 1 day (2 adults + supercar parking) is just shy of 230 pounds without grand stand access.

This seems pricey to me, but having never been it is difficult to judge whether it is good value for money, I wonder what your experiences of the event are?

Thanks,
-k3bab

I wouldn't bother taking a nice car there as wherever they're parked they'll get very dusty.

Save those £££££'s and have great day. :thumbs:

There's no event like it anywhere else in the world and something like that costs.

Your biggest frustration will be that you can't possibly see everything in just one day.

I agree with T8, supercar parking isn't worth it (unless you have a 918 for everyone to fawn over). Get there early and enjoy the day!

Never been to Goodwood but would love to.

Sounds great from what I hear :thumb:

My take on the FOS is too many people, you can't see anything unless you have a grandstand seat, takes hours to get out of the place, too many people,you can't get close to stuff due to the huge throngs of people, did I mention too many people.......................................

Its a truly amazing event, but spoilt by allowing too many visitors that ,for me, ruin the day. I've been twice and am in no rush to go again. Far better to watch the action on TV with a beer in a comfy chair.

No. It was great in the old days, but its been taken over by ***** in stripey blazers as a society event as part of the 'season'.

Too much 'them and us'.

Views are never that great, no matter where you are.

Traffic in and out is a nightmare.

Go to Shelsley Walsh instead, see the same cars or better close up, chat to the drivers, all for a fraction of the sum.

Great event ,but as others have said far too pricey and far too busy on a sunday, better to go on a friday less people.

Get there early and leave late, you would need 2 days to see most of it as its that big.

Did go every year ,now it seems more of a meeting place for those that have , very them and us

It's a short 5 min cycle ride from my home and I go most years and I agree with others postings. Last year the traffic was horrendous due to a tragic motorcycle accident on the Saturday morning less than a mile from the venue

Friday is the best day to go and I'll be there on Sunday afternoon too. The crowds gather around certain areas but you can find somewhere quiet to enjoy the day; best walk up the hill towards the rally sage.

It has turned into the UK motor show and it's the only place you can see all the major manufactures in one place. Be sure to take all the car keys you can find, many manufacturers have 'owner clubs' where you can get a free cup of coffee on presentation of an ignition key.

I like the idea of more exclusive parking to avoid the shuttle busses from and to the regular parking areas. I am assuming this is the main benefit..

Next dilema will be whether to take the 911 turbo or the c43 amg convertible. Based on my understanding, the supercar parking isn't really designed to showcase your car (unlike Beaulieu Supercar Weekend), its just more of a convenient location to park so might as well take the merc if its good weather.

£62 to park in a different field 20 minutes walk closer to the event. :nooo:

T8 said:
£62 to park in a different field 20 minutes walk closer to the event. :nooo:

All part of the Goodwood money-making machine... they now charge at the Revival to park your pre 1970 car in the infield. In effect, charging owners for bringing their classic cars and adding to the time warp atmosphere!

I went to the Goodwood Revival with my wife and we both enjoyed it. It was my first time at Goodwood so was not sure what to expect. She was a bit apprehensive that it would be too petrol head like but it was quite a good balance. She enjoyed it which took a load off my mind. We also did the retro dressing up.

Whilst a little expensive and possibly a little them and us personally I prefer that to the way some horse race meets have apparently gone. Chavs getting completely obliterated.

Pip

Robertb said:
All part of the Goodwood money-making machine...

That's Goodwood, a multi-million pound operation that is a hard nosed business with a quaint old English facade. Lord March ensures every aspect of the Estate pays it's way and generates income - iroically the motorsport side isn't the big earner, horse racing generates a huge income.

Well I suppose you can't really blame the March estate... must be hard generally for estates like that to make a decent income.

Lol sounds like very mixed feedback. Kind of regretting booking it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back