Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3, DP says yes....Update

Kryton

He rang yesterday and offered me a build slot, so deposit paid and spec/paperwork signed and delivery circa september. :drive: :thumbs:

Congratulations you lucky boy :thumb:

Woohoo, nice one.

MC

Congrats.

Please spec a proper track car - clubsport, fixed buckets, manual (for my preference), lots of leather and carbon (for my preference), ceramics (for my preference), bright colour or white (for my preference)

Naturally the 'my preference' bits are not essential, but means that if I need to buy on the used market in the future they wont all be in 911 GTS+ road spec!

:)

Fantastic news!

Talk us through your spec!

I'd be going R spec I think

Buckets
PCCB
Manual

Kryton

Congrats! I'm not jealous in the slightest!

Do you mind me asking 'how special you are to the dealer'? In all seriousness I'm just wondering what criteria they are using here.

I've put a letter of intent in. Got the decline off one and still waiting on the other dealer but expecting a no.....

:nooo:

Well done!!!

Please post your spec.

Have you decided PDK or Manual?

Is manual on the table? I read this was only going to be available later on in the year?

I have had 3 knockbacks now...so I am officially down and out!

DerbyJim said:
Do you mind me asking 'how special you are to the dealer'? In all seriousness I'm just wondering what criteria they are using here.

Criteria as follow: -

Blood descendant from Ferdinand Porsche or other German Royalty
Race driving Legend
Hollywood A,B or C lister
17-21-year-old "You Tuber" with selfie stick and 2M subscribers
Any celebrity who is current and has plenty of notoriety

Then we have...

Porsche customers with mid-cycle spend of 500K+
GT3 RS, R drivers (included in the above)

Not sure which one Kryton fits into?? However, with a tag like Kryton I'm guessing Germanic Royalty?

LaSource said:
Congrats.

Please spec a proper track car - clubsport, fixed buckets, manual (for my preference), lots of leather and carbon (for my preference), ceramics (for my preference), bright colour or white (for my preference)

Naturally the 'my preference' bits are not essential, but means that if I need to buy on the used market in the future they wont all be in 911 GTS+ road spec!

Spec

GT silver
Leather interior plus contrast stitching in red
Bi-Zenon lights
Reversing camera
Privacy glass
Gloss black door handles
Exterior mirrors lower section painted gloss black
PDK
Axle lift
PCCB's
Chrono package
Wheels in Satin
Clubsport Package
Six point harness for passenger seat
Dimming mirrors/rain sensor
12-o'clock marking in red (s/wheel)
Sports Bucket seats
Seat heating
Guards red s/belts
Carbon interior
Digital radio.
Plus smaller bits and bobs
Total £20k

Anything that I should add in or take out?

Thanks

Kryton said:
LaSource said:
Congrats.

Spec

GT silver
Leather interior plus contrast stitching in red
Bi-Zenon lights
Reversing camera
Privacy glass
Gloss black door handles
Exterior mirrors lower section painted gloss black
PDK
Axle lift
PCCB's
Chrono package
Wheels in Satin
Clubsport Package
Six point harness for passenger seat
Dimming mirrors/rain sensor
12-o'clock marking in red (s/wheel)
Sports Bucket seats
Seat heating
Guards red s/belts
Carbon interior
Digital radio.
Plus smaller bits and bobs
Total £20k

Anything that I should add in or take out?

Thanks

Aargh......no, no no !...it needs the manual transmission, you need that interaction !

Kryton, congrats.

Spec is very similar to my gen 1 CS, you'll love it.

For the small outlay I would add Bose too, we do sometimes listen to music so might as well add it.

Coming from a 996.2GT3 to 991.1 I'd keep the PDK, I love it. I have other manual cars though to get some kicks from.

Regards
Fred

FredGT3 said:
Kryton, congrats.

For the small outlay I would add Bose too, we do sometimes listen to music so might as well add it.

Coming from a 996.2GT3 to 991.1 I'd keep the PDK, I love it. I have other manual cars though to get some kicks from.

Regards
Fred

Would only spec PDK (i'm lazy) I did wonder about Bose myself.

Having second thoughts about Zenons though :?

Kryton said:
FredGT3 said:
Kryton, congrats.

Regards
Fred

Would only spec PDK (i'm lazy) I did wonder about Bose myself.

Having second thoughts about Zenons though :?

For the overall additional cost I'd upgrade the lights to LED's...they're superb.

Definitely do that rather than Bose...it's a GT3 it's a noisy version of a 911 which isn't the quietest road car in the world!

Of course if you want to tick both boxes why not?!

I have a terrible habit of box ticking (our Cayenne was rather expensive!) and even I wouldn't bother with Bose. I don't think it's that great anyway.

Re: 991.2 GT3, DP says yes....

Kryton said:
He rang yesterday and offered me a build slot, so deposit paid and spec/paperwork signed and delivery circa september. :drive: :thumbs:

Oh nice one! You lucky, lucky fellow you!

I'm on the list for one with my OPC but I reckon I've more chance of a threesome with Liz Hurley and Lucy Pinder tbh.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to slum it in my 911 turbo this summer. Life's not too awful :)

nick w said:
Aargh......no, no no !...it needs the manual transmission, you need that interaction !

We all kind of called this one long before the announcement though didn't we : even if manual were made available (which it now has) the profile of the typical customer that would get the UK allocations was always likely to be such that non-PDK cars were likely to be right up there with unicorn tears for rarity. They will be like the Clubsport situation - far more of the used market wants them than the proportion of the first owner market that specced the supply of cars... :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back