Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hexagon Classics 75 Bags Challenge

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
In the blue corner

it's polar silver
it's got a blue interior
there is no air con
it's non varioram
it's 1994
seems to be missing one of it's instrument dials, unless that's a new dash storage unit..

but does have only 46,475 miles on the clock

all for an eye watering 74.995 Bags

Challenge accepted :thumbs:

https://hexagonclassics.com/cars/porsche-911-993-carrera-2-1994/

PORSCHE 911 (993) CARRERA 2 COUPE, 1994
MILEAGE:- 46,475 MILES ONLY, UK SUPPLIED
POLAR SILVER METALLIC WITH MIDNIGHT BLUE LEATHER
£74,995.00

5D4_4178.a.jpg

5D4_4183.a.jpg

So on that basis, mine in same Polar, hollow spokes, varioram, hard backs, a/c, black leather and not a penny spared should be worth.... :?:

:thumbs:

5 bags less due to the clear indicators :grin: :wack:

alex yates said:
5 bags less due to the clear indicators :grin: :wack:

I knew Porsche had put parts prices up but.... :eek:

Love Polar albeit very common on the 993, however I just couldn't live with the doom blue interior, low miles or not.

Hexagon prices are really not a true reflection of the market. Lots of their overpriced stock has been for sale months and months, and in some cases years.

C.

I'm in the market for a new job next year. Do you think I've got a chance at Hexagon :dont know: OK I'll need to get used to the calculator they use for pricing but I can't make as much a balls up as this. :floor:

That interior is not to my taste, surpassed only by suicide Savannah, not helped by the missing dial which is presumably where you store the string backed driving gloves :what:

Does anybody actually buy from this outfit, or worse actually admit to it :hand:

And yet amazingly, they do sell cars. I was in there browsing last weekend and watched a guy collect this E46 M3 convertible, for what can only be described as mega money:

https://hexagonclassics.com/cars/bmw-m3-convertible-smg-automatic/

Much of their stock is really beautiful. And their showroom is like an art gallery. I think the owner has a fairly unique business model. It's like his private collection. And if somebody wants to pay considerably over market to have a car from his collection, they're welcome to.

It's all smoke and mirrors if you ask me. :bandit:

Are they the ones with the terrific SOR deals where the owner eventually gets to see their car go to a good home but without any of the hassle of counting the cash?
Murky world of 993 wheeler dealing eh...
:floor:

ChrisT70 said:
Are they the ones with the terrific SOR deals where the owner eventually gets to see their car go to a good home but without any of the hassle of counting the cash?
Murky world of 993 wheeler dealing eh...
:floor:

No no, you're thinking of Hendon Way Motors. These guys own all their cars. And their business model is legit, even though their prices are always record setting.

They have another interesting trick up their sleeves. They corner the market. They did this with the Z8 and now Porsches to some extent. They buy them all. Every one available. And the more the buy, the more they set the market price. Eventually the market pays up, and they have re-estalished new levels for a particular model.

:hand: So it is smoke and mirrors then. So when the buyer eventually wants to sell on he realises he's been subjected to the motoring equivalent of the 'Emperor's new clothes' realising he's done his dough whilst looking at the artwork :roll:

Might have been better off perusing the wall at HWM :what:

Not really as Hexagon have genuinely pushed the whole market up. Look no further than the Z8 and M3 CSL for examples.

They seem a very professional set up which is why it's somewhat odd they are marketing the car with one of the dials in the dashboard missing-

carkid said:
They seem a very professional set up which is why it's somewhat odd they are marketing the car with one of the dials in the dashboard missing-

They do seem to miss minor details in their pics considering the inflated prices they advertise at.
I remember a few months ago, an e39 M5 they had was pictured with cracked and smashed front bumper corner undertrays. For the sake of £60'ish a corner this shouldn't happen with a high end trader.

C.

This is happening in the BMW Z4M coupe world at present. Very few cars come up for sale and dealers are bandwagon jumping then inflating prices. All depends on how sought after the car is tho

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back