Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

McLaren 720S: anyone else drooling?

The front of it is an abortion. The stats and the rest of the car look good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder on this one.

Yep. Definitely been hit with the ugly stick that one!

I think it's an improvement over the looks of the 675 - which was a bit 'playing it safe', and the 650S which was 'playing it extremely safe'. It's a love it or hate it early days, grows on most later, I reckon.

I have one on order, should arrive end of this year...

I would have loved a 991.2 GT3 and saved circa £100k but Porsche didn't feel me worthy :oops:

I'm vey comfortable with the looks of the 720s, I appreciate the headlight treatment is a bit 'challenging' however so we're the original blades on the 12C ...but they came to be loved.

Porsche miss a car at this price point...£200k to £250k

Hope the mid engined 960 comes to mkt.

Some great tech and the performance ante has definitely been upped in this price sector.
I too am on the fence re the front of the car. A dark colour will help but it could have been designed much better.

As for the 991.2 GT3... Porsche have missed a trick here and I can see lots of potential buyers migrating to used & new McLarens.

C.

cableguy said:
Some great tech and the performance ante has definitely been upped in this price sector.
I too am on the fence re the front of the car. A dark colour will help but it could have been designed much better.

As for the 991.2 GT3... Porsche have missed a trick here and I can see lots of potential buyers migrating to used & new McLarens.

C.

Looks stunning and to Cableguy's point, the same 911 look will eventually not be enough

vroomvroom said:
I have one on order, should arrive end of this year...

I would have loved a 991.2 GT3 and saved circa £100k but Porsche didn't feel me worthy :oops:

I'm vey comfortable with the looks of the 720s, I appreciate the headlight treatment is a bit 'challenging' however so we're the original blades on the 12C ...but they came to be loved.

Porsche miss a car at this price point...£200k to £250k

Hope the mid engined 960 comes to mkt.

You must be excited... specs look 'promising' ahem.

To my eyes the styling is bold as the article says and from some angles stunning. Previous designs lacked something, this looks more Italian ;-)

As you and many others say, Porsche's rationing of supply loses them customers. It doesn't compute for me. I guess they are more into the marketing/brand boost than actually making such cars at higher volumes. If I were in your shoes, I'd be forced to look elsewhere too. Alas I'm not... bitndo feel for you ;-)

Looks to me like some scroate has nicked the headlights..

Maybe it will grow on me.. :dont know:

McLarens have suddenly grown on me... a great British made car.

Need to make a 2+2 to properly take on the 911, i8.

I am glad that it is fast, as frankly when I eventually see one on the road I would hope not to be able to see the front of it... :nooo:

Sorry, only a semi-drool here. :lol:

From some angles, particularly the front and rear quarter views, the 720S is really a step forwards. :thumb:
However, in full side profile, it is just plain dog rough and reminiscent of a 1970s' kit car. :nooo:

When you contrast the 720S against Lamborghini's latest Huracan upgrade, it is clear that the Italians still lead the way in putting beauty over form, whereas McLaren still put form over beauty.

DRZ911 said:
Sorry, only a semi-drool here. :lol:

From some angles, particularly the front and rear quarter views, the 720S is really a step forwards. :thumb:
However, in full side profile, it is just plain dog rough and reminiscent of a 1970s' kit car. :nooo:

When you contrast the 720S against Lamborghini's latest Huracan upgrade, it is clear that the Italians still lead the way in putting beauty over form, whereas McLaren still put form over beauty.

I'll admit the side profile is not up there with the Italians, but you gotta surely give them credit for a big improvement. The MSO car looks tasty to my eyes, but perhaps I'm blinded by the Arena Red paint job ;-) and those gold wheels...

AND you can actually buy one - wait for it - by putting an order in. Those cunning British...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back