Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Centre Radiator Tilt

Pip1968

Well two years on (when I first posted about this modification) with a GT2 'chimney' sat in my garage I finally want to get around to doing the centre radiator tilt. As far as I can see if the radiator is turned upside down there seems to be no need to get any hose extensions.

I have been reading up on the various write ups but it was all rather confusing as some were bog standard 996 putting a third radiator in and some were 997 GT3 or Turbo doing the tilt but I think I am at the bottom of it.

I know NXI20 said that the hoses will need changing so can I ask you what you did with regards to changes - extensions or different parts (if so any part numbers)???

I even looked into whether I could put a Cup centre radiator in or a GT3 997 one both of which are larger than the 996 one. Does anyone know if this is possible. I say this as the 997 GT3 tilt is done with short OEM extenders (from the 997 GT2 I think) but obviously has click fittings at the radiator and not hoses and clamps ala 996.

So my last question is will the 997 GT2 hose extensions work with the 996 hose if I change the radiator to the larger 997 GT3 one ?????

Any advise appreciated.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back