Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3, when will I actually find out if I'm getting one?

Bigfra

They have had my £10k deposit for 2 years. I drove straight in this morning to see the sales lads and I was told they would do what they can for me but they cannot guarantee my allocation. Bought only 2 brand new cars of them in the past 4 years so I'm not one of these 10 cars or more folk but I really will be more than pissed if I don't get one. I have told them I will play the game with them, use vw finance, sell back to them etc etc. I stopped short of sexual favours :?:

Anyone actually had a nod yet that they are getting one ??

Ive been told already I'm not, but to be fair I've never owned a porsche.

My OPC told me the policy from Porsche GB was no deposits until car launched and they have an idea on allocations. Quite surprised your OPC has accepted your deposit that long ago to be honest given the issues this has created for them in the past.

Anyway good luck! I think you should be expecting to hear something this week if you're likely to get a car.

Cheib said:
My OPC told me the policy from Porsche GB was no deposits until car launched and they have an idea on allocations. Quite surprised your OPC has accepted your deposit that long ago to be honest given the issues this has created for them in the past.

+1 :?:

I agree on the £10k deposit but maybe it is different from dealer to dealer. It was down for the r hut obviously didn't get one. I moved it on to the next GT car and was told when I did that I would obviously get one. I'm starting to smell shite on that statement. Emailed my spec of the car I wanted over today to the two sales lads I have dealt with over the years and asked for a response. Called at 11am and they "weren't at there desks" 🤔🤔 and I asked for a call back but NOTHING. Really frustrating as I was about to pull the trigger and order a panamera grand truismo but I may change to an e63s if this ***** carries on.

As much as I want one, this problems lies at the feet of the Porsche Management team in Germany. The OPC network are left to pick up the pieces.
In a previous life, I worked for Toshiba Notebooks and my biggest pain was the allocation of stock to client orders, much like the scenario we are facing currently.Very rarely did we receive enough stock to get close to covering back orders for the month. Things would get thrown into further turmoil when the USA jumps up and down for additional stock to appease several clients. The fear of stock in the warehouse not being sold was overwhelming obvious.
Looking at the Rennlist forum, there seems to be a lot less complaining about getting stock of GT cars. So it leads me to believe that the USA is their most important market to the detriment of other western markets, and they'll have to make do. There is an appetite for these cars in the UK, it's a shame Porsche GB don't have as much clout as their American counterparts.

FZP said:
As much as I want one, this problems lies at the feet of the Porsche Management team in Germany. The OPC network are left to pick up the pieces.
In a previous life, I worked for Toshiba Notebooks and my biggest pain was the allocation of stock to client orders, much like the scenario we are facing currently.Very rarely did we receive enough stock to get close to covering back orders for the month. Things would get thrown into further turmoil when the USA jumps up and down for additional stock to appease several clients. The fear of stock in the warehouse not being sold was overwhelming obvious.
Looking at the Rennlist forum, there seems to be a lot less complaining about getting stock of GT cars. So it leads me to believe that the USA is their most important market to the detriment of other western markets, and they'll have to make do. There is an appetite for these cars in the UK, it's a shame Porsche GB don't have as much clout as their American counterparts.

Would tend to agree with you. Shame the yanks drive on the wrong side :nooo:

Kryton said:
Cheib said:

+1 :?:

+2. Same here.

Evidently all sold to their muckers who'll sell back to them in a few months for a tidy profit, to be sold on for a hefty mark up.

Stunned that an evident enthusiast and good customer like the OP isn't front of the queue.

Been in and out of my OPC almost weekly for the last 12 months.

Used them for everything from serving to tyres. Dropped a mail to the principal today to get some info - I'm sure he'll give me a view.

I don't expect to get one... trouble is... if I do.. I'm not sure I can afford it! :floor:

FZP said:

I wouldn't miss out on a car just because of a ***** sales guy at an OPC. I would contact the dealer principle and tell him your experience. That should change things. If not go to another OPC>

Just had the all sold out from my dealer, told him to give me a ring when he had a flipped one.... lol.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back