Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What shock absorbers

pogo

Hi.
I am having real trouble identifying what front shock absorbers I need to buy for my 996 C2 1999. There are 2 types of Bilstein B4's. 22-113337 which I think I have found is for the M030 sport suspension, and also 22-147448.
Is there a way of finding out if I have the M030 sport suspension or not? Suprisingly, a leading supplier can't help with my chassis number and type, and just refers me to Bilstein where I still have to choose which type I want.
Can anyone answer what the implications are if I fit the 'wrong' shock absorbers (which look identical, so should physically fit)? Would it just be a case of having a firmer or softer ride?

Is it code X74 on the options sticker? or is that a different set up?

Shock absorbers

Hi.
The car is with a garage, so I will ask him to look. Can you tell me where the options sticker can be found?

Sticker on the underside of the bonnet or in the front of the car manual if you have that at home.

Shock absorbers

Thank you. Its all with the car, so Ill get the mechanic to look tomorrow, and see if there are any codes.

911munKy said:
Sticker on the underside of the bonnet or in the front of the car manual if you have that at home.

posted in error, sorry

If you've got X74 suspension you'll know about it, the car sits noticeably lower - a 30mm drop (GT3 ride height approx) whereas M030/standard chassis is only a 10mm difference.

The X74 dampers are also bright yellow! 8)

If I had standard Carrera suspension or M030 that was tired I'd probably just buy a complete kit new from Porsche - I think you can get all brand new dampers/springs/bump stops/ARBs etc front and rear for under £1k - has to be better value than buying bits like dampers on their own :thumbs:

Replace the whole lot brand new with new top mounts etc and an alignment afterwards and you've not got to worry again for ages :)

How much were you getting quoted just for the front dampers alone out of interest?

The code is also in the front of the Service Book.

The difficulty is if someone fitted m030 aftermarket.

shock absorbers

Hi.
I got my car back today, and very pleased with the results. The front wheel It is so much nicer to drive now, less jittery, better ride.
I will post my next problems now, and try and tackle them.
Thanks all that offered advice.
Paul

Anyone know anywhere that has the m030 kit available still? My OPC can't get me one.

gc99634 said:
Anyone know anywhere that has the m030 kit available still? My OPC can't get me one.
I know there are none in Porsche stock anywhere for a 3.4 C2.

I fitted a 3.6 kit to my mine, different part number but same kit,
I think it was £885 inc VAT back in October + you get extra 5% off with PCGB membership. Obviously no postage if you collect as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back