Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How Fast Mister?

Martian

Singapore
I've been asked many times 'How fast will she go Mister?' by kids/lads. Only yesterday I was asked by a young child with his Dad 'what does it say on the clock?' and felt a little embarrassed/disconcerted to tell the kid the truth. 'It says 225mph on the clock, but it won't do that'..........

So what have you seen on your speedo?

Rev limiter in sixth gear, 205 on the clock here! :D

Have always wanted to experience the big 200! Witnessed 182 on the Satnav in a 993TT near the Nurburgring once.

That's quite something! I don't know anyone with a car that breaks the 200 barrier.

Indicated 200mph, actually 193mph at Bruntingthorpe and indicated 190mph on Autobahn in the 996 Turbo.
Indicated 165mph roof up and 130mph roof down in the SL55 AMG.

Both cars were still accelerating at those speeds.

MC

Somebody asked me that this afternoon, 'very' was my reply.

280km/h is my PB in Germany. :D

On my bike, 186 speedo reading.

But as a passenger:

Vmax Nine Eleven:

Tom Brooks 996tt 2001 silver 570bhp 163 (911tom)
Marek Soroka Porsche 996 Turbo 162 (Mazza)
Andrew T 996 turbo 159 (ragpicker)

T8's car too 288 mph :grin:

I did see 176 mph in Germany the car was still pulling , sadly my bottle was running out :eek:

You boys need to get yourselves to terminal velocity in April. There will be plenty of 200mph+ cars there.

I had 210mph on the dash at Terminal Velocity last year :D

210dash.jpg

Martian - I think you misunderstood the kid.

He was just enquiring about the mileage to ensure it wasn't yet another Porsche garage queen! :D

Martian said:
210 with a Tip'. :thumb:

My manual was brushing the rev limiter at 205, 6600/6700rpm.

PDK :D :D It's was still climbing at a good rate, i ran out of runway lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back