Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Undertray --------------

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi, how easy is it to take the undertray off below the steering wheel? Also is it made of metal covered in leather??

Cheers

J

Easy DIY.

1. Unscrew screws which can be accessed from underneath.
2. Twist light switch and pull. (Fiddly, few how to's available to show you exactly)
3. Un clip panel which is on side of dash, just pulls off. Unscrew screws here
4. Believe there is also one just behind the steering cowl, if you have a long screwdriver you'll be able to reach it, if not you'll need to remove the cowl as well.
5. Un-clip ignition cover, pulls off
6. Un screw ignition collar, use a screwdriver to turn it and twist it off
And you're done.

Panel itself is plastic covered in leather.

Come on J , what you planning now that needs that part removed
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Phil 997 said:

Cheers eliot_holder, ill do it at the weekend!!

Hahhaaaaa, ok its that i was under the steering undertray getting a couple wires soldered to the clutch switch that you have to press to start car, so am planning to fit a small push switch as a backup to start car rather than pressing the clutch to start!! And as it started to rain on and off i decided to put the car in the garage, anyway the contact switch works well when pressed and turn the key to start but reason why i ask about the undertray dismantle is that i wanna take off and cut out a small hole to fit the push switch etc !!,

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Hahhaaaaa, ok its that i was under the steering undertray getting a couple wires soldered to the clutch switch that you have to press to start car, so am planning to fit a small push switch as a backup to start car rather than pressing the clutch to start!! And as it started to rain on and off i decided to put the car in the garage, anyway the contact switch works well when pressed and turn the key to start but reason why i ask about the undertray dismantle is that i wanna take off and cut out a small hole to fit the push switch etc !!,

Cheers

J

Ah that's a very interesting little mod your planning not heard of anyone doing that before . Good luck with it mate :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheers

J

Ah that's a very interesting little mod your planning not heard of anyone doing that before . Good luck with it mate :thumb:

Cheers, will take some pix of the outcome and the switch to give some idea of what was done!!

cheers
J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back