Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner 2012 Cayenne Diesel

porschepower

Hi Guys I have just purchased a 2012 cayenne 3.0 diesel

Great car and i was lucky it came with an extended Porsche warranty that will be transferred over

Now as I didn't really have the car inspected and thought any issues if any will be covered by under warranty, I am thinking what I should look out for as the car is in warranty until the end of 2017, so I can rectify anything common issues

Thanks

You can extend the warranty if you want provided you have done less than 100,000. Have done so myself. There is an inspection charge around £200, plus the warranty cost around £1,000 for one year or £2,000 for two. These prices may have changed a bit as I extended mine 18 months ago, but will do so again even though nothing much has gone wrong.

As you didn't have an inspection take off the engine belly pan to reveal the bell-housing where the transmission joins the engine and check for any oil seepage. If there is any trace at all get it sorted whilst in warranty. It aint critiical, more an inconvenience and you might never know it's there, but to fix it's circa 70hrs labour and an engine out job using special tools. Seems more prevalent in the US where owners do their own oil changes and obviously notice it firsthand.

All for the sake of putting in a gasket given the engine left the factory with a loctite 'solution' :roll: Porsche went around that buoy before with the first gen 964 engine so you'd have thought they learned their lesson snad use gaskets :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back