Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

another what tyre thread

yacht broker

My 2005 997 c2 is fitted with a nice set of Sport Design 19" alloys.

The tyres are 295/30/R19 on the rear and 235/35/19 at the front. They are Pirelli P-Zero Rossos.

The rears are getting very thin in the centre, so I'm going to have to replace them, but i see that Pirelli no longer supply the P-Zero Rosso in that size.

First question... is 295/30 the best profile to have on these wheels and on this car?

From what I can see, the car would come as standard from the factory with 265/40/R18 tyres on the back. This gives a 82.6" rolling circumference. The current tyres have a 81.5" rolling circumference. If I switch to 265/35/R19 tyres, the circumference becomes 82.6" which is almost bang on.

Are there any disadvantages with going for a slightly narrower tyre? (other than obvious traction). Surely, i will have less issues with wear?

cheers

Why would you want to put a narrower tyre on the rear of a C2S?

Part of the look is them big wide tyres 8)

I run Michelin ps2. Excellent tyre.

It's a personal thing :thumb:

why dont you swap your front and rear wheels around and try the narrower tyres on the back ?
Also see what kind of looks you get at traffic lights to judge the aesthetic impact ?

Stick with the sizes you already have fitted and put yokohama tyres on.

The sizes you have are spot on. At this point I'd be jumping up and down shouting the praises of MPSS, but it seems the replacement is even better. Why not try the MP4S?

I'd be looking for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back