Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody got a Miltek exhaust..?

BullyB

Spa-Francorchamps
I have a 996 C4S with the factory PSE but have been told that they are corroding and need replacing or repairing.

I have however just won a £500 voucher towards a Miltek eshaust.
I'm wondering if it's worth getting one and fitting it to my C4S.

I would then repair the PSE and keep it for future.

I'm keen to know if anybody has got one and what it is like.
I would need to add £400 to the purchase as it's apparently £900

I don't, sorry...

but I'd buy the exhaust and give it a try at only £400.

What have you got to lose :dont know:

Congratulations!

:thumb:

If you decided you didn't like it and put the PSE back on you shouldn't have a problem getting your £400 back.

A friend has one on his 996T good quality and sounds epic, I fitted a rear section to an Audi S4 I owned, again good quality.

I had a Miltek 200CEL fitted to my Turbo last year due to the standard cas beginning to fail.

I'm very impressed with it. Sounds much nicer right through the rev range, especially so once your above 3000 where it really comes alive. Quility is very good. The only slight issue is the tailpipes no protrude form the rear bumper a little more than standard.......maybe 5mm or so.

This won't matter on a C4S, but I had a stage 2 Revo map installed at the same time and combined they have completely transformed the car :eek:

I've never seen/heard one on a carrera. I had one on my turbo a few years back and it sounded fairly good. An another option though could be to sell the voucher and use the cash to get your PSE fixed up. It would be a shame to lose the control that you have with the PSE.

Agree with Tom, I'd be inclined to take them off and get them repaired properly at a local engineering company. That's if they're not completely shot. Even if you get £200 for the voucher it'll probably pay for a repair.

I suppose you could buy the aftermarket exhaust and sell it for £600 but again you'll only make £200.

Weight up your options first as you might not like the aftermarket exhaust. But I suppose it is only £400 which is quite a lure. Remember in the back of your mind PSE is a very popular must have and it would not be a step in the right direction to remove it from the vehicle.

Ps congratulations on your win, it's certainly a nice contribution :thumb:

Be careful with Millteks (or any replacements, in fact). If you go 'too extreme' by say fitting (or even removing) sports cats and/or resonators, they can get extremely unpleasant (drones/harmonics), etc. I've been in cars that are borderline painful, due to over-doing this and had to 'tone-down' a pretty extreme set-up on an RS4 I bought.

I personally would rebuild the PSE if I was in your position; it is a very sweet set-up. But if you choose to go with Milltek, I'm sure it will be fine - as long as you don't go for the full 'Max Power' set-up!

Well it arrived today.
It's. £1000 system that cost me £500 thanks to PistonHeads win on Wednesday.
:D

BullyB said:
Well it arrived today.
It's. £1000 system that cost me £500 thanks to PistonHeads win on Wednesday.
:D

So let's hear it then!!!

:thumb:

It's still in the box.
I guess I won't fit it till July as the car is all packed up for winter now.

I plan to fit it then take the PSE for repair.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back