Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Import 82 SC from USA to U.K.

Ek82

Hello,
I am interested in importing a currently owned 82 911 SC from the US into the U.K. Sorry for being so gerberal but would anyone be able to advise on cost effective shipping and what requirements I would need to meet to register the car?

Thanks for your time

:popcorn:
Can't add any value but very interested to hear about this.

Kingstown shipping. They import stuff for me . Great bunch of lads.

is there much of a saving bringing one over, you have to get something called nova, then you can get an mot, you will need new rear lenses.

Palladium said:
is there much of a saving bringing one over, you have to get something called nova, then you can get an mot, you will need new rear lenses.

Are you saying there is not much of a savings? I already own the car, are you saying this SC isn't worth the expense to bring the car over? Could you please help me understand what is involved in nova?

I cant help with shipping but it will need some conversion work to pass an mot , mainly hazard lights , headlights on the beam pattern .

I think 82 is pre for fog lights needed but not 100% there .. you can always swop out the o/s/r reverse light and make it a fog light though if needed .

Hi. I imported my 81SC June last year.

If you've owned the car for more than 9 months in the USA and you don't sell it in the UK for at least year after it arrives you don't pay any import duty, assuming you are a UK national.

You need to change the rear lamp covers to euro ones with orange rather than red finish. 3 screws.

You need a red rear fog light. Euro lamp and bracket readily available.

You need a white front marker light that comes on with first pull of headlight switch. US cars have it in orange in the same lense as indicator.

My tester is happy for me to use the front fogs with a 5w bulb so long as they are wired to headlight switch.

I assume euro cars have it in the headlight assembly. Mine did not.

Most testers will accept realigning the USA headlights. Otherwise euro lights with I assume marker as well are around £400.

Hope that helps.

Edit. Fog light is 81 on.
Indicator repeaters on wing is 86on.

Sub8 -

While the car does have the rear euro valance, it's not drilled and doesn't seem to have the rear fog wiring harness. Any advice on your retro fit?

DeMort -

Any chance you have a link to help me switch one reverse light to a fog? And that will need to be wired to come on with front fog lights?

Thank you

elee said:
Kingstown shipping. They import stuff for me . Great bunch of lads.

out of curiosity - how much does it cost to ship a car to the UK from the US? roughly? I've been contemplating doing it for a while.

what's the travel time?

thank you

Ek82 said:
Sub8 -

While the car does have the rear euro valance, it's not drilled and doesn't seem to have the rear fog wiring harness. Any advice on your retro fit?

DeMort -

Any chance you have a link to help me switch one reverse light to a fog? And that will need to be wired to come on with front fog lights?

Thank you

for the reverse light to fog light mod and for all things impact bumper porsches it's worth you having a good look through here:
www.impactbumpers.com

BenC -

The posting on Impactbumbers has no photos, anywhere else I can find a guide?

The cost i've been quoted by ShipMyCar is £1.5k including all fees and Insurance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back