Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ciima Repair

DucatiRob

Mugello
Anyone else received their new switches. Mine arrived today, can't say I am overly impressed with the quality! My car is away for a few weeks so can't compare with the originals!

Mine arrived yesterday. Very disappointed - what a waste of (a lot) of money. My current switches aren't too bad as the car is so low mileage but I thought I'd get these just in case. The plastic is brittle and there is no definition to the ridges on the face of the switch.I'd rather have given the money to charity. Oh well, live and learn, I'll just have to treat the originals with kid gloves. Now.... how do I tell the wife I've just wasted £100..... :nooo:

Disappointing as they sounded a promising solution.

Can you not send them back ?

Surely you are entitled to a full refund under the distance selling regulations? :eek:
You should also have some protection if you paid via paypal or a credit card

Yep, DSR

The law is actually driven by the country of receipt, not despatch.

But GB = ES = 7 days

It will be full refund and the shipping was free.

You will have to pay return postage (and it may be sensible to have recorded, if possible)

I paid by PayPal, so I have no worries about actually getting a refund.

That's a shame. I got an email about them and they looked like a decent solution. The originals on my car are okay, otherwise I'd probably have given them a try. :roll:

I shall be removing my originals, stripping and painting tomorrow.

Whichever looks better by the time Clima jobbies turn up, will, erm, get the job!

They like cheap copies,the sort of quality you expect of a toy in a christmas cracker! Not happy!

:pc:

This is a mega shame. I was hopeful for a long term solution.

I have stripped and painted (VHT gloss enamel, low temp cure, self-prime) the rockers today

Pics tomorrow after they dry and I refit

But here is the strip

img_8082_125.jpg

Can't wait any longer (having ordered two months ago and still not here, and reports of pants quality)

So I just painted:

img_8086_119.jpg

Yes, they won't light up, but I do have ambient lighting and I'm fairly sure I'll be able to find the correct large rocker switch next to the relevant LCD screensymbols for temp or fan speed, like those generic physical buttons down the side of satnav screens that do whatever the symbol says on the screen immediately next to it, or if you are using a cash machine, about two-thirds of a button spacing too low and you order a cheque book instead of getting cash out)

hvac1.jpg

Edited to add "LCD screen" to make description cleare

GT4 said:
I have stripped and painted (VHT gloss enamel, low temp cure, self-prime) the rockers today

Pics tomorrow after they dry and I refit

But here is the strip

What's your plan for the TEMP and fan decals? I saw someone used model-making letters from ebay for the TEMPn. They peeled them off after spraying, leaving them, enabling the LED to shine through afterwards.

Nothing (plus it's too late, that photo posed on finest B&M Stores yellow dusters is the finished article)

See my justification above.

The car has been in pieces since I removed an old Denison kit and live wired my cubby 12v (about three weeks), and I want to put back together and drive!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back