Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear suspension wishbone options

rob_watti

Trainee
Morning guys.

After a trip to C&G in January I am in the process of getting my car ready for the summer. They diagnosed play in the drivers side rear, lower ball joint on the wishbone (A arm).

What replacement options do i have? Hartech do refurb'd ones but have no drivers side arms available for months he said! A Porsche arm is around £450 and design 911 list some Retro line?? ones for £125 which seems to cheap to be any good

Are there any other options i'm missing? Does anybody else do reconditioned ones?

Cheers
Rob

I have used TRW, here with 10% discount:=http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/

I also have a trw replacement piece but Elephant Racing get good write ups.

ERP have become a bit pricey, add the post and customs charges and you're getting into OPC prices. Eurocarparts used to do TRW but now stock VM and Dansk. I belive TRW were original manufactures. Hartech ones are refurbished in Slovakia by the same source as ERP, but you can't deal with them privately.

Nobody has TRW ones in stock and Andrew Page have rung TRW for me and apparently they are no longer available.

I wonder if the DANSK ones will be ok??

I'd speak with Chris or Pete at CG and see if they have any feedback/knowledge of aftermarket items before purchase.

C.

Good idea. :thumbs:

Spoke to Pete who has said Dansk parts are good quality so i'm going to order a pair I think then both sides match

Thanks again for the advice.

I had the same problems with availability of TRW or refurbished arms so went with Dansk and they seem decent quality items at a sensible price, no complaints here! You can get them from Eurocarparts with one of their regular 30% sales as well...

I looked at FVD as well, but their prices exclude VAT and when you factor in that plus the exchange rate they're essentially OPC prices.

Hartech refurbished ones seem to be the best bet if you can get them. They didn't have stock when mine were being done - apparently they need a batch of old arms to send off to be refurbished (which they didn't have at the time.) Worth giving them a call to check availability though.

Endoman said:
Eurocarparts used to do TRW but now stock VM and Dansk. I belive TRW were original manufactures.

VM is Vehicle Manufacturer so is the OE part. I've just purchased from ECP a brake light switch (VM part) and it came in the original Porsche packaging.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back