Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Could my engine bay look like a 3.8 rsr cup car?

pietrzj

Spa-Francorchamps
All,

I love the simplicity, symetry and cleanness of the cup cars and wondered if I could get rid of my airbox and secondary heater (see other post) like the photo. The inlet manifold seems to have been simplified too with no obvious MAF, and the central filtered inlet looks great.

At some point I will upgrade my exhaust system, but the inlets need to be looked at too and I wondered if I could go down the cup inlet route or whether that means loads of other trouble with engine and fuel management system upgrades, or bypassing lots of sensors?

Any experience out there?

cup intake photo

Attachments

• cup_intake_766.jpg
    cup_intake_766.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,863
another one...

Attachments

• cup_engine_bay_red_134.jpg
    cup_engine_bay_red_134.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,857
and the manifold...

Attachments

• cup_inlet_176.jpg
    cup_inlet_176.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,855
That does look good.

It looks like the existing MAF wouldn't fit. What would you plan to use to run the engine? Motec, Alpha N?

Stripped of all the frippery the engine does look good with that setup. Sounds fabulous too I bet. Come the big lottery win something stripped out with 3.8l and throttle bodies screaming along would be a plan..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back