Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Micheln tyre help for 996 Mk2 GT3

markturner1960

Hi, I am getting some new tyres for the standard wheels, and only purchased one new rear about 4 weeks ago. So, I need Michelin pilot super sports, and now don't seem to be able to buy anywhere, a matching rear for the new one I got. The size is 295/30/18. Obviously, I need a matching rear or will have to buy 2 other types, which seems crazy seeing one of the rears is brand new...

Does anyone have a tyre in this size and type on a spare wheel or something like that, I could buy?

Hi Mark

I was over at RPM on Saturday chatting with Ollie and the guys getting mine booked in next weekend for service, mot, a/c condensers and stuff plus a pair of front tyres. Have booked PS2's which they seemed to have no problem getting. Might be worth enquiring for yours if nothing else crops up??

Tony

Hi mate, a knight in shining armour has turned up in the shape of Nick ( uber9's) who very kindly lent me not one but 2 complete sets of wheels and tyres, some cup 2's on 19's which I can wear out he said and some Toyo Proxes R888R on 18's to sample....

What a gentleman! So I am going to fit the cup 2's for my Friday outing to car limits training and try the others at my leisure, probably after the car comes back from getting the exhaust and other bits done at 9excellence next week.

TBH, I am going to go for something a little stickier than PS2's ( Its only the rears I cant get in the MPSS, ....) just a toss up between the Trofeos, the cup 2's and the R888R's... Thanks to Nick, I should be able to make an informed choice... :)

markturner1960 said:
Hi mate, a knight in shining armour has turned up in the shape of Nick ( uber9's) who very kindly lent me not one but 2 complete sets of wheels and tyres, some cup 2's on 19's which I can wear out he said and some Toyo Proxes R888R on 18's to sample....

What a gentleman! So I am going to fit the cup 2's for my Friday outing to car limits training and try the others at my leisure, probably after the car comes back from getting the exhaust and other bits done at 9excellence next week.

TBH, I am going to go for something a little stickier than PS2's ( Its only the rears I cant get in the MPSS, ....) just a toss up between the Trofeos, the cup 2's and the R888R's... Thanks to Nick, I should be able to make an informed choice... :)

Nick was the reason I went for a set of R888R also but haven't yet used them. Opted for 245 on the fronts though. By all accounts the Pirelli are current tyre of choice.

OK< the purchase has been made....I have gone cup 2's for the standard wheels and Trofeo R's on the new BBS E88's......I could not get the R888R's in 295 from Demon tweeks, so went for teh cup 2's instead. The 888R's I tried from Nick were very good....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back