Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reawakening!

highway

After an unprecedented 6 month sleep my car reawakens on 1st March. I haven't driven it since the goldenrod, RS shift and MPL were fitted last year. I had opportunity to drive Milliomboys rather nice targa last week and it's heightened my appetite to use my car again. The car has also had new belts and plugs and gets fluids changed shortly. She's ready.

I have learned that running two old sports cars does get expensive as I've found with the lotus. Despite uber low miles when I bought it (16k) it's lapped up £2k thus far with some more to do before I'll be fully relaxed about it. Having access to it has really allowed me to justify benching the 993. I'd never sorned for so long before and despite a couple of nice days in the main I wouldn't have used it much anyway.

The lotus is an absolute hoot to drive on good roads on your own. An adult passenger blunts the performance enough to feel. See you on the roads next weekend!

campervan.gif

Sweet jasus ....... I have to steal that large "imogi" ...... it sums up my future to a tee ........ love it ...... :)

campervan.gif

........ Steve ....... my old girl will pulling on clean draws and vest around the 8th March ...... :)

Enjoy getting out

I expect you will be full of the joys of spring with a grin on you face instantly..
A full report on how the mods have worked please, they are on my list of jobs to do.

Cheers Barry

Lotus is S1 Elise. On the right day loads of fun. Several of the forum illuminati have these bits fitted already. I will post full review after a 100 miles or so.

madalaa said:
........ Steve ....... my old girl will pulling on clean draws and vest around the 8th March ...... :)

You Garage Queens...and your cars...are ridiculous. If you Google "993" then sooner or later you'll read "hewn from granite"...and granite is fine in the rain. To paraphrase Nike - Just Drive It!

madalaa said:
Sweet jasus ....... I have to steal that large "imogi" ...... it sums up my future to a tee ........ love it ...... :)

campervan.gif

Without the little bouncy person preferably :grin:

Oh definitely Barney ........ just me ...... and if I can find someone to "bounce" on me from time to time ........ more to the good ...... ;)

Tobesetc said:
madalaa said:

You Garage Queens...and your cars...are ridiculous. If you Google "993" then sooner or later you'll read "hewn from granite"...and granite is fine in the rain. To paraphrase Nike - Just Drive It!

:hand: It's not granite and rain that are worrisome it's the combination of salt and metal that gives us "GQs" sleepless nights!

I guess some people must get more enjoyment from driving on cold, wet, greasy, dark roads than I do. I'd rather save the car for when I can really enjoy it more.

Besides, the anticipation of something is all part of the enjoyment. Just think how good that first drive is going to be after a winter of self-deprivation! :cloud9: Reminds me of that old joke where one guy's wife only lets him have sex once a year. Another guy asks him "Well if you only get to screw your wife once a year why do you look so goddam' happy?" and he replies "Tonight's the night!" :D

Have to say I have been missing the "old girl" ........ and yes when I pick her up next week I look forward to a drive the long way home ....... thing is if I had the luxury of a garage here in London as Toby has I would be driving it off and on during the winter months ....... but to see the car sitting in the car park of my flats ....... getting frosted up and shat on by birds is too much to bear ........ let alone the money I spent getting my chassis legs sorted ...... for me putting it into storage for a few months is a no brainer ....... :)

This is why Toby's car looks like this ......... the rust has taken its toll .......

:floor:

139824859656b0b6028743a.jpg

madalaa said:
..... but to see the car... getting... shat on by birds is too much to bear ...

If you didn't go "on the pull" in Crispin's...

Conceded, having a local garage does make it easier not to be a queen ;-)

BTW... I have the pictures from Thursday night... he he he...

madge said:
Tobesetc said:
madalaa said:

:hand: It's not granite and rain that are worrisome it's the combination of salt and metal that gives us "GQs" sleepless nights!

I guess some people must get more enjoyment from driving on cold, wet, greasy, dark roads than I do. I'd rather save the car for when I can really enjoy it more.

Besides, the anticipation of something is all part of the enjoyment. Just think how good that first drive is going to be after a winter of self-deprivation! :cloud9: Reminds me of that old joke where one guy's wife only lets him have sex once a year. Another guy asks him "Well if you only get to screw your wife once a year why do you look so goddam' happy?" and he replies "Tonight's the night!" :D

Yes but he could well have a massive heart attack 5 minutes before his big moment, wasting 12 months of his very short life !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back