Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On March 1st...

Jcx

Estoril
On March 1st... I shall be taxing my 997T and i have a question: When i start it for the first time in 3-months, how should i do it?

In my 964 most of the advice was to pull the DME so that oil pressure built before the car stared - thus lubing the bits.

Is there a process for a modern Porsche?

thx

JCX

Make sure you're in neutral and turn the key. :thumb:

And Alex wins the prize for stating the bleeding obvious, nice one mate. :floor:

:wack: :oops: :lol:

ah you guys... you have so much time for people :)

:floor:

really? have either of you left your kettle for three months between uses?

so EJ, is this how you care for your Turbo S?

:bandit:

alex yates said:
Make sure you're in neutral and turn the key. :thumb:

And me ...... after 2 months last year and this.

You don`t start your Porsche for 3 months :?:

Mine ( both SORN`d ) are started and run up to temp at least once per week, moved around a bit ( to make sure the brake discs dont get too rusty ) and then put back to bed :grin:

No use is just as bad as abuse in my book :sad:

kurlykris said:
You don`t start your Porsche for 3 months :?:

Mine ( both SORN`d ) are started and run up to temp at least once per week, moved around a bit ( to make sure the brake discs dont get too rusty ) and then put back to bed :grin:

No use is just as bad as abuse in my book :sad:

No Kris. No startie, no drivie for 3 months. Been away, otherwise occupied...

no rust on discs. garage is sealed, heated and dehumidified.

tick tock... come on march!

Martian said:
On occasions, I've left my car for six months without use. CTEK off, turn key and go. I always check my tyre pressures as well as they'll no doubt need a little bit of air. :D

most useful reply yet thx M!

i will check pressures... and i will warm it up before driving it all the way up to :eek: :mrgreen: :thumbs: :grin:

Jcx said:
On March 1st... I shall be taxing my 997T and i have a question: When i start it for the first time in 3-months, how should i do it?

In my 964 most of the advice was to pull the DME so that oil pressure built before the car stared - thus lubing the bits.

Is there a process for a modern Porsche?

thx

JCX

Personally presuming its not bang on full of oil, I'd top up first thus providing the necessary lubrication :?:

I tend to turn mine over without the fuel pump to get oil pressure. Otherwise they start so quickly that it will be seeing firing strokes before any oil has circulated. Easiest way would be to pull the fuel pump relay I would think. It might not do any harm to not do this, but it certainly won't do any harm to do it. I will be doing the same as you, can't wait for March.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I tend to turn mine over without the fuel pump to get oil pressure. Otherwise they start so quickly that it will be seeing firing strokes before any oil has circulated. Easiest way would be to pull the fuel pump relay I would think. It might not do any harm to not do this, but it certainly won't do any harm to do it. I will be doing the same as you, can't wait for March.

MC

We may need a sunday breakfast MC! :)

OK folks... which is the fuel pump relay in a 997 T?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back