Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning up the rear end. Deck lid re-spray

MattyR

Nothing earth shattering here but last weekend I cleaned up the rear of the 993 by deleting the rear wiper and painting the spoiler insert (courtesy of Impact Bodyshop, East Sussex).

I also replaced the black Carrera script with the silver badge. I may get a glass bung for the rear glass but we'll see.

Attachments

• img_1933_900.jpg
    img_1933_900.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 5,413
  • img_1934_491.jpg
    img_1934_491.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 5,413
Very nice but that parking is tight :thumb:

Haha cheers. I have to edge within 4 inches to close the gates. I have litterally kissed the bumper more times than I'd like to admit!

Looks good sans wiper OP, been thinking about this myself.
Did you remove the motor etc, and where did you get the bung from?

Hey Harry, I did indeed remove (and retain) the wiper motor and rear wiper.

The parcel shelf housing the rear speaker units folds forward by removing the four screws thus revealing aforementioned motor. The motor unit simply unclips from the two connectors. I then taped the wires down with electrical tape to stop them rattling around.

I purchased two of the following sets of rubber bungs from eBay:

Item No. 232234815650

They are basic rubber blanking plugs which fit rather snugly into the hole in the glass and the hole in the parcel shelf (where the wiper assembly exited). Looks very OEM with this item as it matches the rubber glass seal.

The reason i purchased two sets was just to be sure I had all bases covered. In the end I think it was two of the 25mm bungs I used but don't quote me on that. Any way they are cheap enough so no drama.

Starting to feel stalked...

Aventura: tick
Rear wiper delete: tick
Colour coded deck lid: tick
Silver badge: tick
Work done at Impact: tick

:eek:

Only differences being I went for a new wiperless rear screen and a 911 badge instead of Carrera.

I followed you to Kent too..

:help:

xAejHn9.jpg

I'm sure some deluded soul suggested the 964 looked nicer than the 993.

But that is just perfect :cloud9:

Painted deck looks great on darker cars.

gunner, car looks great. What tailpipes are you running as they seem a lot longer than my OEM & Big Ovals?

C.

cableguy said:
Painted deck looks great on darker cars.

gunner, car looks great. What tailpipes are you running as they seem a lot longer than my OEM & Big Ovals?

C.

Thanks, really needs a wash though!

Exhaust tips are cargraphic, picked up second hand on here. Always felt the originals were a bit small.

Cheers OP, bung set ordered. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back