Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rusty parts

Thefinn

Barcelona
Just a heads up for all 997 owners, I took my front wheel arch liner off to fit a new front lip and I found an area of rust that has started to come through. It's mainly on the arm behind the duct for the front rad/ AC condenser but there was also a small amount starting on the body to the side of the froot. So mine has been dremeled and rust treated before a splash of wax oil to try and keep it away for as long as possible. My car is garaged and done 60k so if yours has similar millage you might want to have a look before it goes too far.

Thats the radiator hanger .. a little unusual , i see rusty bits but thats not one that rings a bell with me as being one of the more common items .

You can replace it .. but a good rub down and paint will do just fine :)

Edit ..

Was it a wet day when the photo was taken ? only the bottom coolant pipe as it goes off the picture looks like it has oil on it ?

No it's been in the garage for a couple of weeks I will try and see what it is on the pipe, good spot. That's got me thinking though.

Rubbed the rust down and treated it already just needs the paint now, a job for one night this week

It was just something that caught my eye as i looked at your picture is all :)

Paint the rad bracket and its fine .. bodywork rust is something to be a little more concerned with .. but to be honest .. Porsches are pretty good , they dont often rust and if they do then its usually down to damage .. accident etc .

I might have got a bit trigger happy with the wd40 last time I was in there that's what I am thinking.

That's good I will keep an eye on it after painting and swap it out when I need to. The rust on the body was very minor only that small flange in the background and it was only on the surface so now gone and will be protected.

Cheers Demort top advice as per
:thumb:

These are a common rust issue, on my last 987 I took them off and powder coated them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back