Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Terminal Velocity 30/04/2017. Who's coming?

911tom

I booked on to this end of last week. I decided I will go whether my car is running or not. If it is safe to run even if not quite complete then I'll bring it. If not I'll use my astra van :D

Not too many spaces left now but can be booked here;

http://www.terminalvelocityuk.co.uk/contact-us.html

So who from the forum is coming along;

1. 911tom

Same date as the dinslaken trip.

Adrian had put his name down for that, but I see on Terminal Velocity Facebook page, that he has signed up. Lots of the ES motors going :thumb:

askgeez said:
Same date as the dinslaken trip.

Adrian had put his name down for that, but I see on Terminal Velocity Facebook page, that he has signed up. Lots of the ES motors going :thumb:

Yeah i signed up for that not realising it was on the same weekend - Doh!

Dinslaken takes priority as i've done TV plenty of times plus i've already booked the hotel and it's non refundable :D, that said, my trip is actually sadly in question as due to unforseen personal family health circumstances i may not want to be out of the country for any length of time during that period, at the moment it's still as planned but i may need to pull out :(

Caroline will be there, I think she's currently got two booked for this year.

Her aim is to crack 200mph - she did 188 in June when the gearbox sprung a leak, so we packed up early rather than ruin the box. She was chuffed as she saw 190 on the digital speedo and that's what she wanted. All runs from idle in 2nd gear, just mash the throttle.

The April one she did a 176 with a boost leak, so was much happier in June, at least she got into top gear, in April it was changing into top just before the flags. And she tried 1st and 2nd gear starts - no difference, then we noticed the 0.8 bar boost, a hose had come adrift.

The car now has an up rated gearbox and a 9e engine build, Ken said 200 will be fine. Once that's done it's back to track days, but she wants that 201.

Nice one Ben. Look forward to seeing you both there! I'm sure Carline will see 200 now. Especially with the bigger turbos. I am still on target although will likely be running a softer tune with no meth but we will see

Might bring my Cayman S down but not sure yet.

Brookside said:
Might bring my Cayman S down but not sure yet.

:bye: Yes I think you should you should :thumbs:

Got my ticket 8)

Will have a few additions from last year, so should beat my 190 trap speed. Hopefully :dont know:

911tom said:
1. 911tom
2. Mr & Mrs Bodgerben
3. TwinBoost

Any idea if spectators are allowed? couldn't see anything on the website.

Great day today at Terminal Velocity even with the stupid 20/25mph head wind, was good to catch up with a couple of the guys from 911uk as well :D :D

AdeD said:
Great day today at Terminal Velocity even with the stupid 20/25mph head wind, was good to catch up with a couple of the guys from 911uk as well :D :D

Scores on the doors??

I was very disappointed with the race vans measly 140mph. Think without the wind it would have done 150mph.
Even more disappointed I could not take the 996. Oh well always next time!

It was great to say hello to some 911uk guys :)

Caroline did a 192 which she's chuffed with, Ken did some logging which is looking great, I'm amazed at the 45deg intake temps and 62% injector duty cycle.

Not a day for breaking records, lots of 191-195's and just a couple of 200+ that head wind makes a huge difference.

Big thank you to Ken for popping along to check on the 9e cars and being there for Caroline's first run with the new engine, you're a bloody star mate.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Scores on the doors??

I managed 2 runs at 196mph with 2 up but with those head winds 200mph was sadly out of reach for me..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back