Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where's the best place to buy [item] for my 996?

Dammit

Paul Ricard
I'm after front mats for a '98 RHD car in Metropol Blue, I've found OEM mats for £94.96 (delivered, with forum discount code) at Porsche Shop, anywhere better?

Give Design911 a shout, mention the price as I think they have a price match promise ;)

Try your OPC, they are always cheaper than D911.

Do you know the Porsche part numbers?

Potentially! The code is correct (G10 is Metrepole Blue), but those deffo look grey in the pic. I guess I can just send them back if they're wrong.

Cheers!

I've just bought a set of front mats from OPC Derby. They're classed as Boxster mats as I only wanted the fronts. They should've been £96 but they did me a discount on the day and I paid about £80. They also got them in on SOR just in case the colour wasn't matched.

They do look more grey than blue under the camera - my old 996T was Metropole Blue and I remember thinking that the mat colour was lighter than I expected - but they looked fine in the car

Where's the best place to get Porsche bodywork done, either inside the M25 or South West, South or South East of London?

I have a patch of corrosion underneath the striker plate on the drivers door, a little Googling brings up Porsche Approved bodyshops charging £1,600 for this which I will pay if it's simply what it costs - but I'm hoping that someone can recommend an option that is of similar quality but a little less spendy?

Thats an insane price.

Just ask around some local bodyshops.

Its very common because Porsche omitted a rubber gasket here and there is galvanic corrosion between body and striker plate. The gasket is pennies from a VW dealer, make sure they put on in there when they put it back together.

Dammit - there's a place down here in Bristol (South Best.. :thumb: ) called Bryn Jones; they do all the bodywork for the local OPC and they would be a lot cheaper than that....

Osh

Thanks for that recco - they got back to me today, they mentioned that this sticker would be lost in the process and would be £150 to replace from Porsche:

33306223612_033457d7f1_b.jpg

Here's the drivers side with the reason for this visible:

33462029505_ff242eb2ef_b.jpg

Here's the passenger side - looking ok, but who knows what's underneath:

33306222772_c070fe6fc3_b.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back