Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Insurance company

Seventy Seven

Hi - another question, as not sure what to do.

Have been with AIB (Infinity/Marston) for 2 years, but this year's premium is between £100-200 more expensive than other options (Performance Direct, Admiral, Hastings, LV, etc).

All polices on like for like, 3k miles per year and market value. With low miles on my car (23k) I understand I would need to make a case for an upper market value should the worst happen, but would this be the same with all companies?

Any views or experiences with this, the various companies and also having repairs done at Porsche/garage of your choice?

Assistance appreciated.

I've used ManningUK for something in the region of a decade. I have used whoever I like for any work in that time (OPC or independent - even down to my preferred windscreen fitter). Back in 2011 I had a total loss, did my research to make my case to the Insurance assessor from the underwriter for what I thought it ought to be worth, had the conversation on the phone and and they went away to check then agreed to the number I proposed...

When you call Manning you don't get a generic call centre operator, but rather a helpful person from a small team sitting in the office who knows what they are doing. They haven't always been the cheapest (though actually on my last renewal they were very competitive), but that is who I use and have long been very happy with.

Thanks, will give them a go too.

Hopefully make my decision easier....

Thank you Colin

Glad to hear you are happy and been with us for such a long time Colin. Don't forget we include track day cover. Have you considered including agree value in your policy so if your car is written off we have an agreed value to take away any research/worry.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back