Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Xenon bulbs... options?

Robertb

Yas Marina
I am thinking of getting new Xenon bulbs for my bi-xenon 4S... at 14 yrs old they have undoubtedly deteriorated and bulb technology has moved on.

Can anyone suggest best brands, output, colour intensity etc which is road legal?

Ordered some Osram Zenarc NightBreaker Unlimited... I'm sure they will be an improvement over the standard ones.

Are they just 'plug and play' or do I have to have the self levelling or aim recalibrated?

Only issue is fitting them, since a bandito previous owner stole the toolkit with the light removal tool!

If anyone is interested, there is a 20% off offer on all orders at Powerbulbs.com

Anyone done this recently? I am also keen to hear - I also want to put LED lights into the parks, etc.

You did well Sir, knowledgeable chap on the RR32oc swears by your Osrams.

Given you presumably have Litronics your assembly has lenses to focs the light and you'll install the bulbs in the exact same place, figure aim will be good to go.

As for the auto-levelling, if it is anything like that R32, that system is independent of the bulbs themselves. They calibrate every time you turn the key in the ignition. Back in the day, when I had had the assemblies out in the past or unattached the sensor (on the suspension arm), you would hear them go into a frenzy and calibrate on turning the ignition in the R32 for the first time post work.

LOJO said:
Anyone done this recently? I am also keen to hear - I also want to put LED lights into the parks, etc.

I have recently done a full upgrade of all my external bulbs, remind me again, are 'parks' the same as sidelights?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back