Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

underdrive Pulley ------------

-- 997 --

Hi all, this underdrive pulley, when fitted do you feel the extra power as they say, do you feel the difference when fitted, also is it worth the fitting of one, cos there like £340.90 + VAT, pricey !!!!

Cheers..

J

Hi J, they don't add any more BHP as such what it does is transfer unused power from other areas that have been over engineered by Porsche and that unused energy is converted into a few BHP but on its own it doesnt add much the biggest gain is the increased weight of the steering the 997 has very light steering and that can be disconcerting when cornering etc. the older 911s all had heavier steering and this mod increases the weight of the steering and makes it feel much more connected and gives more confidence when cornering. I wouldn't do it as a stand alone mod but if your lowering and adding semi solid engine mounts, transmission mounts harder bushing and the usual set of power upgrades then this should be considered as part of that over all package along with the other final pull together bits like LTT short shift etc. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Hi J, they don't add any more BHP as such what it does is transfer unused power from other areas that have been over engineered by Porsche and that unused energy is converted into a few BHP but on its own it doesnt add much the biggest gain is the increased weight of the steering the 997 has very light steering and that can be disconcerting when cornering etc. the older 911s all had heavier steering and this mod increases the weight of the steering and makes it feel much more connected and gives more confidence when cornering. I wouldn't do it as a stand alone mod but if your lowering and adding semi solid engine mounts, transmission mounts harder bushing and the usual set of power upgrades then this should be considered as part of that over all package along with the other final pull together bits like LTT short shift etc. :thumb: :thumb:

Hi phil 997 i seeee, its that i read some where that changing to the 4 " pulley it will give more power etc and i thought more power? From a pulley?? Didnt seem to make any sence but you cleared that!! These pulleys , do they all sell for around thr £300 mark?

Cheers

J

Hi J,

The ones for the 3.8 are Harmonically balanced what that means I don't know but it does mean they are double the price of the once for the 3.6 so yes around the £300 mark .
Here is the discussion thread from a year ago when I was looking at fitting mine , which has now been on 12 months 10k miles and no issues at all.
You will also need a shorter belt if one is not in the Kit.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1163539&sid=076093820e0f50d0bac561f0033cb3e9

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back