Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Calipers

Ryan993TT

I am looking for some turbo front callipers aka big reds to replace some 'shot' ones which have been on a car sat for 3 years.

Is anyone breaking/selling a 993tt or knows of any breakers which perhaps have some surplus? Condition isn't really a problem, just so long as they aren't ceased.

Cheers Ryan.

I'd agree with refurbishing your current callipers. Due to the construction of our callipers, another set of used ones may need refurbishing anyway.

The ones on the link you gave me are not genuine Porsche/Brembo. But copies, are they stress tested the same? Is the clamping force the same? Will they last without seals/bleed screws leaking? These are all things which worry me.

Hi Ryan, yes I realise they're not genuine at £448 per pair.
Genuine Brembos are $1200 each in the states and probably a similar price in £'s in the UK

I've also bookmarked this company who recondition calipers
http://www.biggred.co.uk

I've never used them and there's several company's doing similar if you do a google search, as I mentioned previously with a proper recondition, new pistons seals and paint your your calipers could be made as good as new at a fraction of the cost of a new pair, hopefully someone else will come along and recommend a company they've used and had good results.

993tt calipers are very hard to find and if you do then you gonna be paying about £1000-£1200 for a pair.
Those calipers still gonna be 20 years old and will need servicing as they gonna be as sticky as yours, no matter how good they will look on the outside.
Also your rear calipers are more sticky then your front as the brake system use front more then the rear and as of this they move less and get sticky much quicker.
So ideally you need to service all 4 calipers to make them work and perform as new.

Ryan - Thomas (Pro Calipers) is being too nice and not touting his business which does exactly what you need, so I'll point you his way.

Send him a PM and he can give you a full refurb cost. Plenty of the guys on here have used his services and rate him very highly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back