Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just visiting from PCGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Eaton

Hello my name is George and I am just introducing myself as a convert from the rather slow PCGB forum. In fact, it was recommended I try 911uk.com by a fellow member. Currently driving a 993 Carrera Triptronic in Guards Red. Sadly, will be looking to let the car go come spring, as have an automatic Porsche 718 Boxster on order as a sort of belated retirement present.

Welcome George to the 993 forum ....... in fact welcome to 911uk in general ....... we are mostly a friendly bunch ...... well at least us "air-cooled" bearded bunch are ........ ;)

Guards Red eh ....... a nice colour for a 993 ...... I think we have at least two other GR cars on the forum ......... :)

:welcome:

Hello George, I had a 993 up until last year (and now 997 as below), I'd be interested to know what drew you to a new Boxster?

:welcome: to 911uk George.

Your car sounds great. We'd love to see some pictures.

I bet you've had more responses to your post already than you'd normally get in a week. :D

ps. I hope 'Triptronic' was a typo.

Hello George

another PCGB member here, what region are you in?

Welcome to 911uk (which essentially incorporates 718uk, 981uk etc etc...)

You'll find there are more than a few of us who are devotees of both 911s and Boxsters.

I chose GR for the 981 as it is such a great classic Porsche colour and is one of the few they don't charge extra for ;-)

As above, it is mandatory you post pics of your 993 or there'll be tutting and unrest in the ranks...

Crikey! Yes, definitley more responses than in a week on PCGB forum. Many thanks for your kind greetings.

"Madalaa" - my first drive in a 911 was in 1986 and it was Guards Red, and ever since that has always been what a Porsche should be for me.

"GT4" - Your car looks very nice, in fact it looks a lot like a 993 from that angle. As regards the choice of Boxster, I have had my 993 for 15 years now and it does seem to have become less use friendly as the years have passed, although the Boxster, if anything, will be lower still. I just fancied a change, and if I was to be completely honest, this will probably be my last sports car, certainly if I keep it another 15 years.

"T8" - My apologies, should I have written Triptronic S? And there was me thinking the PCGB crowd were sticklers! Here is a photograph from last September (I don't really use the old girl once the weather sets in)

"Zeb" - South West (Wareham) - which region are you affiliated with?

Welcome George :thumb:

Guards red and tiptronic S what more could you ask for.... Cab too :lol: I suppose I am biased.

I too felt Guards Red was the colour for me, my first 911(964 C4 Targa) was GR, looks great on the 911.

ATB :)

George Eaton said:
"T8" - My apologies, should I have written Triptronic S? And there was me thinking the PCGB crowd were sticklers! Here is a photograph from last September (I don't really use the old girl once the weather sets in)

We can let you off the missing 'S' but the erroneous extra 'r' is a definite no-no.

:hand:

Welcome mate. This is fab forum. It's a bit quiet from the 993 bunch at the mo due to hibernation. No doubt it will all hot up again in a month or two!

Oh and post some pics!! :wink:

Hi George
Another PCGB member with 2 GR cars :)

Attachments

• the_stable_135.jpg
    the_stable_135.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 10,220
Just to add ........ I'm another Guards Red owner and PCGB (Kent) member.

George - I'm R18 Lancashire &Cumbria

Forget red Orange is the new black 8) :grin:

George Eaton said:
I have had my 993 for 15 years now

Oh boy, are you going to miss it . . have you thought this through???

:dont know:

George, welcome from a PCGB member in South Wales (R14).
My third 911 was a GR SC back in 1980, I loved it and the colour.
Pictures please . . .

:thumb:

PS If you still have the 993 at the end of April, how about a swansong last tour with 15 or so other like minded people in the glorious roads of North Wales over a long weekend.
We have one space available due to a cancellation.
Time of your life . . .

PM me for details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back