Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 Cell Cats

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi. A quick question, what are the difference between the X pipe 200 Cell Cats and the cross over 200 Cell cats? Sound? Performance?

What's preferred to all?

Cheers

J

Just fitted 200 cell cats and valved back boxes on my 996 , loud is the word.

Was told the x cats are more of a track car thing and move the power further up the rev range and for normal road use the standard 200 cell cats would be best.

Where are you thinking of getting them from ?

I have the regular cross over 200 cats on my pse system. It's definitely louder than stock. But that's a good thing.

Was also told the the x pipes aren't better for road, but probably there's not much difference. X pipes cost more is all I could see.

Hi, i got tbe system from topgear but accidently posted me tbe x pipes instead of the cross over pipes which is what i wanted !! Its why imwas asking whatbthe difference was otherwise i would have kept them so, called them up today and they gonna send me the cross over pipes for this friday in exchange for the cross ovdr cats, got the complete valvetronic exhaust system, i tell ya what tne workmanship and quality thats gone into welding is top dog!!! :)

J

I have the 200 cell big bore xpipes from top gear, love them there seems to be very little difference between the two in the states the two big porsche guys fabspeed and sharkwerks both have differing views one advocates xpipes the other cross over, So I think is just personal choice the xpipe seems to have a merge collector type of thing at the X which is supposed to assist in some way it does add some crackles and pops lol. :thumb: you will love the valvetronc and the cats very well made and sound great. :thumb:

Nik said:
Harv said:
Intending to modify my existing cats for 200cell mantles from Jetex, a little cutting and shutting to fit but a much cheaper option.

They are available here

http://jetex.co.uk/sports-catalytic-converters/

Would be interested to know how you get on.

Which model do you have ?

I have a 996.2 3.6 (soon to be 3.9) but it's the same setup I believe for the 997.1 3.6 cars and should be doable to most cats if they have round mantle sections.

The Topgear pipes are well made and easy to fit and sound amazing . Ive not fitted the electronic valve switch over yet so they are on loud all the time

:D

Attachments

• 5cbb1607_ac5f_41e9_9120_b3e1efd06d96_713.jpg
    5cbb1607_ac5f_41e9_9120_b3e1efd06d96_713.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2,644
I have the cross over cats with x51 headers and PSE boxes and it sounds lovely, i had quite a few complements on the sound from other Porsche owners. I am sure there is some old posts around showing Dino results of x pipe vs cross over and as others have said I think x pipe is better top end but low down cross over has its

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back