Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice needed.....

Starwr1973

Hi guys im looking for some standard front shocks and shock mounts and coil springs for my 2002 996 carrera 4 cabriolet.
Im not looking for M030 sports i just want to keep it standard and was just looking for some advice on where to get them other than from opc? Does anybody happen to know the oem part numbers?
Thanks any info and advice wil be appreciated....

I think Bilstein B4 is the standard shock, search eBay for prices (about £240 each from memory?)

Hi Star,
I know you want to keep it standard but the M030 is still a genuine factory option so not viewed as detrimental in any way. It also is only a very conservative drop in height, in most cases slightly disappointing for people who want a noticeable drop, so it will look and feel very standard.

There's a 39k mile set for sale in the classifieds on here for £250. If your car has covered a lot more miles than those I'd give them a lick of paint and stick them on. Or you can buy the full kit including anti roll bars for £1000 from main dealer.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is if the cabriolet has different spring rates for the extra weight. Can't see it affecting anything as the extra weight is only that of a passenger or some luggage.

Failing that it's off to the main dealers for your standard stuff.

:thumb:

Thanks guys and im not sure if the spring rates are diffrent

Hi

Just had to refresh my suspension on my C4 cab due to a broken spring.

Mine is lowered with H&R springs so needed to replace with the same and they are only available in a complete set.

I got mine from ECP after talking to the branch got them for £279.00 inc vat. They had them the following morning for me to pick up.

If you are doing this yourself you will need a impact wrench and 16mm socket and a set of coil spring compressors.

As you mentioned you will need top mounts & bearings. I did bump stops at the same time.

Happy to give you my insight on doing the fronts if interested. Also got a set of brand new front pair b4 for what they cost me...£324+shipping. Found I did not need them once I stripped the front down.

Picture shows ride height with H & R fitted

Attachments

• img_20170215_160328924_240.jpg
    img_20170215_160328924_240.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 1,625
Might be worth speaking to Bilstein UK as they can rebuild dampers for around £80+VAT from memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back